OHANA Waikiki East Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$345
US$299
US$289
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa(Honolulu)
US$204
US$199
Travelocity
2,007 results
All reviewsthe pink trolleygreat locationfree rideskitchenette roomexpress elevatorfood pantrystreet levelcoin laundryroom cardacross the streetsmall balconythe international market placebell deskround table pizzathe penthouseshort walk to the beacha city view room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 March 2012

We asked to be upgraded to a higher floor and we got the 17th floor with a view of the ocean. The room was clean and large with a wonderful patio door and small balcony.
We were so happy with our room. It was close to the beach and downtown and we especially loved the restaurant. Really good breakfast special (under $5) and COCONUT syrup for pancakes. That was awesome.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Brenda747
Reviewed 22 March 2012

We stayed for 1week in November 2011, we had diffculty booking accomodation due to the APEC summit and ended up securing a reservation at Ohana East. We were really happy with the hotel room it was spacious, clean and quiet. I could not fault the service of any staff member they were always pleasant and helpful. It was in a good location, central to everything and supplied a free trolley pass which was wonderful. There is a self service laundry within the building and a supermarket across the road. The hotel has an inhouse travel desk and the staff were extremely helpful ensuring we got value for money and fit as much in as possible during our stay. It was close to the international market place and central to great shops and restaurants. I would definately stay here again it is great value for money.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank AarondQueensland
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I stayed at this hotel several nights in March. We got a room for $104/night. This does not include the 24 hr parking fee of $20, which is standard for almost every hotel in Waikiki have. It exceded expectations. The room furnishings are a little dated, but clean and the beds are comfortable. The bathroom is smaller and only has a stand up shower, BUT the water pressure was awesome! The view was a nice city view with a peek of the water through the buildings to the left and a view of the mountains to the right. There is actually free wifi in the room. Many of the Waikiki hotels only have wifi in the lobby.
The location of Ohana East is excellent. It's only one block away from the main strip and the International Marketplace. There is some city noise of trucks and cars, but I don't know how you avoid that in Honolulu.
The staff was absolutely wonderful. They made us feel like valued guests and did their absolute best to make sure that we were satisfied.
I've been to Waikiki three times and stayed in several hotels. The next time I come back I won't even shop around. I'll just book my stay here. I think the Ohana Waikiki East Hotel is a wonderful place to stay, especially when it costs less than many of the competitors.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank beachluv20
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I use priceline.com a lot and this is the hotel that they put me in twice. The first time I was pleasantly surprised and the second time I was pleased to know that this was going to be my hotel since I had been there before and knew what to expect.

On the second stay, there were a group of high school kids on my floor who were making a lot of noise. The front desk called me before I had to call them and they asked me if I'd like an upgraded room away from the kids. I accepted the offer and had a great stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank That_Darn_Matt
Reviewed 18 March 2012

My wife and I stayed here in February for 4 nights. It was a big disapppointment. Whilst the room was relatively big, it had major stains on the carpet, bathroom was small, the so called high speed internet was extremley slow and that was when you could access it, the airconditioning was old and only had fan sppeds and not temperature control. Swimming pool is basic to say the least.

For a short visit like ours do yourself a favour and stay at one of the hotels on the beach which has a nice pool area and update rooms. This hotel just really needs some renovations and upgrading to bring it into the current market

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple