New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersSilver level
Pasadena, CA
“We love this hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

I have reservations for 1/24/12-2/2/12 and am very excited about the opportunity to stay at this hotel for a seventh time. I will be so sad when the major renovations, destruction of this property occurs. It keeps getting pushed back and hope it continues to get pushed back another 10 years. It has the feel of a real Hawaiian hotel, not a 5 star in Manhattan. Yes it's busy and old but the positives so out weighs the negatives. Can't wait until our visit.

Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank waikiki willi
sheratonpk, Online Marketing Coordinator at Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, responded to this review, 9 January 2012
Aloha waikiki willi and thank you for being such a loyal guest of ours! We appreciate your kind comments and are very excited to welcome you back to the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani Hotel for your seventh time. We still are in the permitting and planning stages of our future redevelopment and will definitely keep everyone updated. Safe travels and see you soon! Mahalo.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (673)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

I am sitting next to the pool right now and it couldn't be more perfect.
For me safety and security are the most important thing for my family and it's just that here at PK. The people and friendly and efficient, rooms are clean and tidy,comfortable beds great views, not noisy like many said but overall have had a great stay.

• Stayed January 2012
4 Thank Beancounta
Mahalo Beancounta for sharing your wonderful thoughts with us. We are very happy to hear that you are lounging poolside and having a perfect time! We love hearing from our guests especially when they are still with us. We appreciate you gracious feedback and please don’t hesitate to ask any of our staff members for anything you and your family may need. Thank you again!
regina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

We stayed on the 17th floor facing Diamon Head and so we had a great ocean view. The view from the opposite side was nice, but nothing like our view (teenagers had room across the hall). Yes, you can hear the live entertainment from ground level but I enjoyed it....what's better than listening to live Hawaiian music? You could hear occasionally people in the next room, but we weren't in the room much for it to be a bother. Very close to the beach (2 min walk) as well as next door to International Market Place. ABC store across the street but then I think there is an ABC store across the street from every hotel in Waikiki! I agree with other comments about the front desk staff - the gentlemen who checked us in really looked like all he wanted to do was go home. Totally opposite to our reception at our hotel on Kauai.

If we were travelling with kids again and if the price was right, I would stay here again. If just my husband and myself were travelling then we would stay at a different hotel.

Breakfast buffet was very good. Also the Creation Polynesian show was good....loud, but good.

Room Tip: best view is high (17th floor would be the lowest I would go) and be sure to face towards Diamond He...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank sarahwinter_11
We appreciate your recent review sarahwinter_11. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations and our convenient location. Many of our guests love how close we are to many shopping and dining options. We are pleased that you found our breakfast buffet at Pikake Terrace to be very good and also enjoyed our Creation, A Polynesian Journey show. Thank you again.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

Before coming to stay here I read some of the other reviews and was concerned at what I may find. But I have now been here for a week, and have had a wonderful experience. I am traveling on my own, and have found both staff to be friendly and helpful at all times. My room and the view from the balcony (ocean view) exceeded expectations, my room is thoroughly cleaned every day, and the whole experience has been just great. Fantastic location - this whole experience has been fantastic from my stay in Hawaii to the tours the staff have recommended to the people I have met. Thank you Sheraton Princess Kaiulani I would stay here again! Ann

Room Tip: My room is high ocean view and the view is awesome
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Annr181
Thank you Annr181 for sharing your experience with us. We are so pleased to hear that you had a wonderful experience and found our staff to be friendly and helpful. It is always great to hear that our guests enjoy themselves. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Mahalo!
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

My wife and two kids stayed here for two nights on a trip back from New York to Sydney, just to break up the flight and give us a chance to relax.

We had an ocean view room which was incredible, with sweeping views over the Pacific and Honolulu looking towards Diamond Head. The room itself was dated and had that 1980's feel but this was fine for us as we were only using it to stretch the legs after several long flights with two small children.

Service was fairly ordinary, most employees looked overworked and the expressions on their faces suggest they may as well be just as happy working for Apple making iPhones in a Chinese slave factory! There were a couple of exceptions but overall it didn't feel very welcoming.

The breakfast was quite good and I would recommend an upgrade if you can. The location was great, being right in the action. I didn't hear too much noise as we were up on level 28 of 29.

Overall it served a purpose but I would not stay there if I was in Honolulu for an extended holiday !

Room Tip: Go as high as possible for the great view
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Josh D
sheratonpk, Online Marketing Coordinator at Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, responded to this review, 6 January 2012
Thank you Mcatmos for your honest feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your view of the Waikiki Beach and Diamond Head. We regret to hear that we fell short in providing you with a welcoming arrival experience, and appreciate you letting us know. This will allow us to improve. Mahalo.
Vancouver
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

This hotel is definitely dated but has a great location directly in the middle of Waikiki strip and across from the beach. We had booked last minute on Priceline for around $85/night which we felt was an okay price for this time of year. Initially, we were checked into an unrenovated room that was dreary, musty, and dated. The carpets were dirty and the washroom was dismal with no counter space! You should definitely be aware that this hotel charges a daily resort fee of around $12.50. The fee includes wireless internet, a welcome drink (sugary non alcholic drink), self parking, and 60 mins of free phone calls including international calls. We were aware of this fee and was fine with it as we had a rented vehicle and the parking rate itself would be considered very reasonable in comparison to other Waikiki lots. After our first night in the unrenovated room, we were fortunate enough to speak to the front desk and be moved to a renovated room (still quite dated but definitely better than the first room that we were given). Our stay improved greatly from this point. I did have problems accessing the wireless internet but I spoke with their technology assistance team via the front desk and they were able to get me up and running on my netbook and iPhone with some slight adjustments to my settings. I never used the pool as the beach was nearby and we preferred getting out of Waikiki during the day. If you are on a lower floor, the noise might be an issue so I would suggest requesting a higher room. The Starwood Sweet Sleeper bed is excellent and is provided in all the rooms including those in unrenovated rooms. We also happen to be at the hotel during a pineapple cutting demonstration with free sampling and a lei making class (I assume this is part of the "resort" fee?) This hotel is definitely in need of a major overhaul but the same can be said of many other hotels in Waikiki. As a Starwood hotel, it definitely doesn't fall in line with their standards; however, if you want a good location and a comfortable sleep, this place meets that bill.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in one of the renovated wings.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Americana, Brasil
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

My wife and I loved the Hawaii and Honolulu is one of the best places ti visit and this hotel has a very good location !

• Stayed February 2011
1 Thank Ivan D
Mahalo Ivan D for sharing your comments with us. We are so happy to hear that you and your wife loved your time here in Hawaii. We hope to welcome you back soon. Aloha!