All reviews la croix front desk friendly housekeeper excellent housekeeping breakfast buffet amenity fee recommend this hotel walking distance to the beach miso soup valet parking an older hotel abc store car rental beach towels hotel is great shopping and restaurants hotel staff
Reviewed September 17, 2018

My husband and I spent 3 nights at this hotel, in our way to Kauai and Maui. We were celebrating our honeymoon and the staff took a lot of care of all the details. Theresa was our contact person, and she was simply "amazing". We got an upgrade without asking for it and they decorated the room beautifully. Everybody was very nice and professional. The location of the hotel is very good and the rooms we very clean.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Anna K, Director of Revenue at Hotel La Croix, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2018

Aloha SaraB4101, thank you for your 5-star feedback. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your honeymoon with us! Theresa is truly a shining star and we are happy to have her as part of our amazing team. Our team is dedicated to making sure that all guests have a memorable stay with us from the moment you enter onto the property to the surprises that we set up in your room for your honeymoon. Our unbeatable location is within steps to many restaurants, shops and transportation lines. We hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Oahu.

Reviewed September 17, 2018

Terrific hotel in a good location with friendly staff. Very reasonable for a well equipped room and a nice view of the city.

Sidenote: We received great help with our changing of booking due to last minute flight cancellation from a hotel staff, Darwin. He was guiding us along the cancellation with booking.com and I couldn't thank him enough.

Would recommend this to anyone who is visiting Honolulu.

Room tip: Higher floors have a good view of the city
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Aloha Collin T, thank you for your awesome feedback. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. In addition to our fabulous service from our team members, many travelers find that our location is convenient. We are located within steps to restaurants and shops. There are a lot of transportation options just immediately outside the hotel. Darwin is truly a superstar on our team, and we are happy that Darwin assisted you with your booking. We hope to host you again in the near future!

Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

The rooms were kept very clean and tidy by the attentive cleaning staff, and the beds were very comfortable! Front desk staff were top class people who were happy and eager to help with any queries. Shout out to the ladies who let me make an international phone call after my bank locked my card - they made a very stressful situation easy to deal with. As some have mentioned, the breakfast buffet that they offer has a great selection for the price you pay. Thanks team!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2018

Darwin, the hotel night manager/auditor took great care of my pre-stay after my booking. I rate him five star service deluxe!!! The hotel is two blocks from Waikiki beach and two blocks from thebusy Kalakaua street of Waikiki where all the shopping and gastronomical pursuits happen. The room was marvelous for the price and very clean. The beds were comfortable. The staff from the valet to the counter reps were so friendly. This is an excellent choice for budget conscious travelers who do not need to be beachfront. We borrowed the surfboard for free and we carried it walking to Waikiki beach. The beach towels were also available. They also serve a decent breakfast buffet for a low price. I will be back here again if Honolulu is in my future plans.

Room tip: decent size; we had 2 queen beds; comfortable beds; Clean!!!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank YABWAKI
Reviewed September 9, 2018

My hubby and I stayed at this hotel last week in July for a couple of days on our whistle stop tour of the Hawaiian Islands...and we loved it!! It infact was our wedding anniversary so were upgraded to a penthouse. This penthouse was absolutely stunning, huge windows and great views...and as a TripAdvisor regular we knew it wasn't on the beach but as its a quick walk to it we didn't bat an eyelid about staying.
The staff, front desk and guest relations were always lovely and helpful - could not have asked for more so special thanks to them. Yep, as stated before the ABC shop downstairs is very handy ( open till 11pm I think...if you have a late flight in and too tired to venture too far...they sell sandwiches, salads aswell etc). Bus pick ups are just outside so no worries about trips or getting about.
I know on TripAdvisor not every review is positive on all fronts but we can't complain at all - you really made our anniversary special and Hawaii is beautiful.
Thanks again Caz