“A treasure in the middle of nowhere”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
White Owl Tavern & Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Beach Lake
Reviewed June 22, 2017

Well, it is in the middle of nowhere, but WELL WORTH the trip. Don't be fooled by the outside or location.....the inside and service is nice and very good. We went on the weekend for the prime rib special also had the chicken marsala which was excellent. Salad, bread, all great. Be sure to ask for the bar menu in addition to the dinner menu so you can order different appetizers, like wings. Staff was very attentive and nice, too. We'll definitely go back again and again.

Reviewed June 19, 2017 via mobile

After listening to a clever radio ad about the White Owl, we decided to find it and give it a try. It definitely is hidden and not much to look at from the outside, but once inside, you are greeted by a great staff. "Cam" is terrific behind the bar. The dining room staff is efficient, friendly and welcoming. The meal was very good. Blackened flounder was moist and full of flavor. The steak needs a bit of seasoning for the sear, but was a quality cut. Under new management, this place is get better every day because they care. Give it a try. It's worth the adventure.

Reviewed May 17, 2017

My husband ordered a med rare hamburger , it came out very well done, he showed it to the waitress, they offered to bring him another one but we waited over an hour for the first one, so he dowsed it in ketchup and ate it. I ordered what was suppose to be a double king cut prime rib, medium rare, it also came out med well, and it was the smallest, regular king cut I ever saw. I actually asked the girl if this was a double king cut and she assured me it was. We didn't want to be those difficult type of customers, so instead of complaining about everything, we paid the bill and vowed to never return !!

1  Thank Brenda P
Reviewed March 31, 2017

I have been to this establishment 2 times.....both times were very enjoyable experiences. Met a lot of nice, local people.....staff was extremely friendly, great service and prices are excellent. I would highly recommend a visit

Reviewed November 30, 2016

Went there for a few drinks and dinner because we heard it advertised on the radio. Wife had the Pork Chop and i had a burger. Was told the Pork chop would melt in her mouth. Not! said it was overcooked and had to ask for a steak knife to cut it. I had the burger which was really to my liking. Burnt. So so place. wouldn't go out of my way again to eat there. I believe the meal was taken off the bill, but still wanted a good meal and this was not it.