US$120
US$139
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$89
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$103/night.

US$165
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$103
Hotels.com
Bazsinsky House(Vicksburg)
US$130
All reviewsfull kitchenextended stayfront deskhome depotchick filthese issuesroad triptraveling throughnice stayair conditionercomfortable bedsupon checkwe've stayedcontinental breakfastwaffleskitchenettegym
Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

Let me tell you a story about this time I rolled into Vicksburg to find a hotel.

It looked decent from the street, had good reviews and the lobby made it seem like a clean/decent hotel.

The girl at the front desk gave us our key, so we go to the room; theres a dudes boots by the door, his stuff on the counter and tv on. We didn't see him, which was probably a good thing because I can't imagine his reaction to use just bursting in on him.

So, we go back down. Tell the girl. She gives us a new room. Back upstairs, open the door, tv on, sheets and towels on the floor. Okay, we gave her the first one, but two rooms?! At this stage we didn't feel like we wanted a room because the chance of someone trying to walk in on us would be high. Back downstairs we go and tell the girl and she is like. Oh. My. I'm sorry, let me call the maid.
We tell her we aren't staying here, we need a refund and she says.... well, my manager went home and I have only worked here two months so I don't know how to do that. I can call her and she can do it for you.

So. I'm looking around this hotel wondering why a new employee is the only one here. Why isn't there a night manager? Why can't they issue refunds? We didn't have any option other than to leave and take a managers card. With huge reservations, we left, but feel like this saga isn't over.

The girl was nice, but this hotel failed on so many levels. I'm hoping she was being honest and we don't have an issue getting a refund.

Stay tuned.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Carolyn P, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Vicksburg, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2018

Dear Frazzledazzle68,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your comments. We are sorry to hear that you had a less than pleasant experience with us. The items you have mentioned regarding billing, quality of cleanliness and occupied room will be addressed with Housekeeping Manager and front office manager. Please contact us at gm@candlewoodvicksburg.com so we can obtain additional details regarding your visit. Again, we regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel and hope to offer you a more pleasant experience in the future.

Carolyn Pugh

Reviewed March 19, 2018

The hotel is well located, clean, quiet. The staff members are friendly and helpful. Our room had a refrigerator, cooktop, microwave, coffee maker, and all the usual extended-stay amenities. While they don't serve breakfast, they do have a light breakfast box you can buy for $2. It's a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Kala R, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Vicksburg, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2018

Thank you for your stay. We hope to see you again when you're in the area. We take pride in creating a friendly environment were it feels like you're home away from home. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed December 14, 2017

I spent two nights in this hotel. If I hadn't prepaid through Hotels.com, I would have moved.

Issues:

The room had a lingering odor of mildew.

The AC in the room didn't work. It put out hot air. I checked in and the room was warm, so I put on the AC, set the temp for 68 and left for dinner. When I got back, the room was 78+ degrees. The AC was putting out HOT air. Luckily, the window opened and it was December, so I was able to cool the room. I got a call from the desk asking if everything was okay, when I told them about the AC issue, I was promised that maintenance would look at it the next day. No one every came.

The room has a kitchenette - and does not provide a breakfast - so I went to the local grocery store for some yogurt and fruit. At about midnight I was woken up by the ice maker in the fridge making a horribly loud noise. Like the motor was broken and running hot - grinding... I had to pull the fridge out and unplug it for the night. I plugged it back in in the morning so my food wouldn't spoil and called the front desk to let them know there was an issue with the fridge - they once again promised maintenance - and maintenance once again didn't come. I had to unplug the fridge the second night too, just to be able to sleep.

The first morning, I turned on the bath and dead bugs fell out of the faucet. I had to rinse the tub before I could shower. It was as if no one had been in the room for weeks.

There is no maid service. This is announced in very small print on a bulletin board.

There is no trash can in the bathroom - in fact the room had only one trash can - in the kitchenette - that doesn't get emptied during your stay ... because there is no maid service.

I travel extensively for work, and I spend time in Vicksburg every 6 weeks or so. The search for a decent hotel in Vicksburg continues.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Carolyn P, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Vicksburg, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your comments. I am sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We'd like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience, so please contact us at gm@candlewoodvicksburg.com. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Vicksburg, MS.

Carolyn Pugh, General Manager

Reviewed November 1, 2017

After a long day on the road to be followed by another long day driving, we were looking for a clean, quiet stop. We chose Comfort Suites as they do NOT accept pets. We don't travel with pets and do not want to relax in a room that has hosted other's pets.

The layout of the room was extremely practical, useful and spacious. It included a sofa, refrigerator, microwave, etc.per most Comfort Suites. All facilities seemed fairly new and very clean.

The breakfast had numerous options and choices including fresh fruit, waffles, biscuits and gravy, etc. Presentation was kept clean and attractive.

Larry was the front desk person when we made the reservation and checked in. He did a great job and was very efficient and friendly.

We would definitely recommend this hotel if you are passing through or spending a few days in Vicksburg. Excellent for the price!

Room Tip: Unusual but we stayed on first floor and it was quiet and convenient location.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GrandFan13
Patricia J, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Vicksburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2017

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay after a long day of driving and you you feel you received great service. It's something our staff takes pride in. Thank you again for staying with us, we truly appreciate it.

We hope to see you again soon.

Carolyn Pugh

Reviewed August 18, 2017

I travel for a week at a time all over the US and found the Candlewood to be very nice and priced perfectly to have a kitchen, laundry, well equipped fitness room, large comfortable bed and nice recliner chair. As in other reviews, the maintenance level is sub-par (i.e. not a pretty 5-star hotel), but the amenities and friendly employees make up for the things that do not really matter to make a nice stay in the area. I also like it is very close to many restaurants (like Chick-fil-A!) and stores (Kroger grocery). And it is very easy to get on and off I-20 from this hotel. I would highly recommend and will stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business