“Excellent Food, Awesome Experience All Around”
Review of El Sombrero

El Sombrero
Ranked #20 of 136 Restaurants in Vicksburg
Reviewed November 25, 2016 via mobile

Spent the night in Vicksburg traveling from Florida to Texas, and wanted Mexican food. This was close to our hotel, so we decided to try it. My wife and I both ordered the two-tamale and enchilada combination plate ($8.99), and my son ordered the taquito plate ($7.99). We also ordered the Nachos Supremos ($7.75) and I added a tossed salad ($2.50). It was all outstanding. I haven't given many 5-dot reviews, but this was an all-around great experience -- the food, service, everything. Would definitely return.

Reviewed September 28, 2016

The food was awesome and you got a lot for the price. The drinks was cold and the beer was very cold the taps was frosted over. And the prices was very good.

Reviewed September 27, 2016 via mobile

We came here as the restaurant looked amazing from the outside. To say we were impressed is an understatement the food,the service, the place was fantastic and the prices were unbelievably cheap. Thanks for a great time to all at El Sombrero.

Reviewed September 21, 2016

This Mexican cuisine restaurant has an extensive menu. I had my 'Mexican restaurant test meal' of chile rellenos, and found the result uninspiring, but edible. My guess is that the entree was a frozen portion supplied by a food service supplier. Wife had fish tacos, and they were served with good fish, but the normal cabbage and sauce were missing.

This restaurant would not make it in Central Texas, but is passable in its location.

Reviewed September 12, 2016 via mobile

A family tradition always at ElSom. The happening place to be. Local crowd , always packed. We rarely eat Mexican anywhere else. Fast, friendly service. Too many chips. Upgrade to white cheese sauce with the free salsa.

Been to El Sombrero? Share your experiences!