“Nice local eatery ”

Ranked #5 of 137 Restaurants in Vicksburg
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Nice local restaurant close to downtown and the river. A little pricey, but good food, the bread pudding was awesome!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Tuesday night 5:30 dinner. Seated quickly, as a solo I am often referred to the bar. Requested a table and was sat a a 2 top with no issues. Cup of gumbo started was very tasty. Scallops with bake potato was good. Scallops were tender and plentiful. Salad was a let down however the picked bean and picked okra was a a nice addition. To full for desert but they looked so amazing. Seen lots of loaded fried dishes being served they all looked great. Several large groups did not slow down my service.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Came to Vicksburg for the historical park. Wanted to go out for a nice dinner but not too fancy. Folks were lining up at the door to this place on a Friday at 5 so we decided to go because they had fried greed tomatoes and grouper on the menu. We had a hard time picking what to get as the dinners looked huge and there was a grouper sandwich, I finally settled on the salad.

Got seated quickly and our server came right up. She was nice and knew the menu. She recommended the Fried Green Tomato appetizer and since we wanted tomatoes we went right for it. About 8 nice slices of medium sized tomatoes came fried on a platter with a bunch of hollandaise sauce with crab meat over the top. It was tasty, as our server warned, filling. Got a grouper salad (broiled) and a grouper sandwich (blackened). Both came blackened and we went along with it rather than send it back because the food was coming up really slow.

Our grouper was pretty good, but nothing amazing. The Fried Green Tomatoes were the highlight of dinner.

We took some pie home with us. It was all whipped cream and not that tasty. Our server warned that the food was the specialty buy my hubby is a sucker for pie. Oh well.

We got out the door for about 75 bucks, including some beer and wine, so the prices are reasonable. Service was good, but not spectacular, but the small error (blackened not broiled) and slow to the table dinner service. This place was packed and folks were waiting for a table when we left at about 6.

My take is the food is pretty good for the area, and the prices are fairly reasonable, and the service isn’t too bad. We just had an ok experience, thus the three stars.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Ate here almost a month ago and was double charges for my bill (78.00+). Called numerous times and even stopped by twice and was talked to by an aggravated manager who said it was handled by their credit card processor and the owner had been on the phone evedy day. I asked where he was thwn and she said he was on vacation. Come on, this is bad business and needs to be resolved! I am reporting them to the Better Business Bureau AND the mayor after April 2nd as that will be a full month and too many phone calls with no resolution. Not even anyone asking for my name, phone number or offering a credit. Just "we're doing all we can do!"

1  Thank Clairedelune111
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I love Rusty's! They have the best steak in Vicksburg! We eat here everytime we are in the area. Great food, great atmosphere!!!!

Been to Rusty's Riverfront Grill? Share your experiences!