“Great Tamales!”
Review of Tamale Place

Tamale Place
Ranked #36 of 136 Restaurants in Vicksburg
Reviewed November 19, 2016 via mobile

My family was in Vicksburg for the night and decided to try this place. The building itself looked like it used to be a gas station, and there is no organized parking. You walk in to a window and order from the menu on the wall. My wife and I had the tamale supreme; my son had the Frito pie, and I had a hotdog. It was all really good. There were several other cars pulling in as we were leaving, so they seem to do a lot of business. Would definitely return.

2  Thank garrwick66

Reviewed August 2, 2016 via mobile

I've had better in Illinois and Texas , it just didn't satisfy my taste, Usually tamales aren't greasy the paper they wrapped it in was loaded with grease . I'm not sure what they were floating their tamales in

1  Thank Butterflies38
Reviewed August 1, 2016 via mobile

We weren't sure about this place but what a delight! Delicious tamales wrapped in newspaper. Quick, courteous service! And the place was super clean! No place to sit down, all to go. Excellent choice for a quick meal!

1  Thank Becky P
Reviewed July 14, 2016

My mother-in-law introduced me to this place while visiting. Tamales are great! A must if you are a tamale lover.

2  Thank Charles T
Reviewed June 18, 2016

I am not qualified to assess how good the tamales are, but I liked them. The restaurant has no interior seating, and is more of a drive-up than anything. The price was good for what you got, and it is listed as a spot on the Tamale Trail by the Southern Foodways.

1  Thank David B