“Older and worn, but a reasonable stay”

Howard Johnson Vicksburg
Ranked #23 of 30 Hotels in Vicksburg
Kent, Washington
“Older and worn, but a reasonable stay”
Reviewed 24 October 2011

This is one of those motels that has just grown old. Easy to find off of the freeway and convenient to restaurants and stores, but a very small office (but friendly staff!) and outside corridors to the older rooms. They have a very small outdoor pool. Breakfast is minimal, but we don't usually east first thing in the morning anyway.
The price is right, if you're not fussy.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Andy W
Super8Vicksburg3308, Manager at Howard Johnson Vicksburg, responded to this review, 28 November 2011
Thank you for taking time to complete a review. We are currently in the process of upgrading/restoring the property and hope you will return soon to review the changes.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Haughton, Louisiana
Reviewed 1 September 2011

We enjoyed our stay at Super 8 and will use this location as well as other Super 8 locations. My wife and I travel a lot and stay about 3-4 weeks a year in hotels and motels. The staff at the Vicksburg location were very friendly and the Motel was kept very clean as well as the room.
Randy

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Randy D
Thank you for taking time to respond to your stay. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope to serve you again in the future.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Decided we would save some $$ by staying here on our return trip through town since the price was 1/2 that we paid at the La Quinta. It was scary - the carpet was so dirty it left our feet black with grime. Adjacent room guests were drinking beer late into the night in the parking lot. We slept and left early the next morning - next time I'll pay more to stay at a nicer place...

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Vicksburg hotels

Jonesboro, Louisiana
Reviewed 31 December 2010

double charged my credit card. took over 6 wks to get my money back on extra charge. took several calls to the super eight complaint line. the super eight at vicksburg told. them we did not check out until after 1 pm. we had checked out at 9:10 am. matching stains on the sheet and pillow case. trash in door way. do not plan to stay at another super 8 motel. have stayed at motel 8's in the past no problem. my husband and i am senior citzens, about 70yrs. old. they did not think we would check our credit card charges. the people at the super eight complaint line were ery nice.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank reginal_culpepper
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 13 August 2010

Like many other people on here, I stayed for one night night and was charged for 3. I have just begun the process to get my money back. Now, I'm worried that I'll never get my money back. Do not stay at this hotel, just drive an extra 10 feet to stay at another hotel. It is not worth it.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tinapunk
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 19 July 2010

I was over charged and faxed the manager everything he needed and its been a month now and he just tells me what i want to here. He is a liar and a criminal. We should all start a lawsuit. I just had to report it to my banks fraud system and i'm going to cancel the card we used. Also i'm calling the better business bereau.

Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank madtexan2
Arkansas
Reviewed 13 July 2010

After opening our room to extremely strong perfume odors... we realized there were also roaches. The beds were extremely wrinkled and seemed slept in. When asked for a refund, were told they wouldn't do it. (Were told we should look before we pay.) We will NEVER stay at a Super 8 again. This particular property steals your $ in my opinion.

Stayed July 2010, travelled with family