“Cleanest cheap motel ever”
Review of Capri Motel

Capri Motel
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Walla Walla
Tacoma, WA
“Cleanest cheap motel ever”
Reviewed 22 March 2010

This motel has good reviews here, but even so, I went in with low expectations. I mean, it's a 1960's era motel, so what can you expect? I was very pleased with my choice to stay here for two nights. Yes, the room was dated, with white and gold starry formica counters, a chipped mirror, a fuse box in the room, baseboard heating, and a particleboard desk, and the walls are so thin you can almost make out conversations in the room next door and above, but I'm a heavy sleeper, so that didn't matter. It was very, very clean (nothing stuck to my wet bare feet after walking across the carpet), the bed was comfortable, the internet connection was blazing fast, and the staff was friendly. After reading reviews about the nearby Super 8 and Travelodge, I'd definitely stay here before one of those spots.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
7 Thank RulesLawyer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Seattle
Reviewed 2 November 2009

The motel service is a "Mom and Pop" type of place, with personal, friendly service. When we checked in, the front desk lady was even babysitting a guest's dog so they wouldn't have to leave it in the car while having dinner out! While they do allow pets, I am highly sensitive to dog and cat smells, and I never noticed any odors in our room, or elsewhere on the premises.

The room was clean- cleaner than most hotels I've been in. Simply furnished, it was comfortable. The beds were just right and we all slept well. We had a three minute drive to Whitman College, and several fast food and full service restaurants were less than a minute drive away. Coffee and fridge in room.

I liked the price- very affordable. I especially liked how clean it was. I liked the service, very personable and our needs were well met. Extra towels when we wanted them, extra coffee for our room, directions, etc.

We plan on staying here again.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
5 Thank gilligansginger2
Edmonds, Washington
Reviewed 16 August 2009

We had a spacious gound floor room in the two storey building. Yes it's old and the decor could use some updating but it was very clean, with soft fluffy towels, smooth sheets, plump pillows and comfy beds.
They are pet friendly with large grassy areas and bordering a residential neighborhood great for dog walking. Only $8 pet fee for all three nights! They allowed us to leave our dog in the air condintioned room during the hot days. It was a surprisingly good stay.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank CLMac694
Bremerton
Reviewed 23 June 2009

The room was very clean. Very quiet. Loved the location for a budget Motel.
We stayed two nights. The first night was great.
On the second night my sister and I were lying in our beds and started to get bitten.
I had bites on my back and she had bites all over her arms.
I am not sure what it was from but we were so uncomfortable that we could not sleep and we ended up leaving earlier than planned.

Stayed June 2009
2 Thank juanita0101
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 15 October 2008

Good TV and reception in an otherwise nondescript setting. Clean, quiet. Bed satisfactory. Room decor (and I use the term loosely) was 1980's rummage sale. If you're looking for a room that you will never remember, then the Capri is for you.

• Liked — Clean
  • Disliked — Decor/furnishings
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
Bozeman, MT
Reviewed 31 July 2008

If you are looking for an inexpensive place to stay when traveling through Walla Walla, the Capri Motel is a reasonable choice. Nothing special, very dated but it was clean and the AC worked just fine (it was HOT while we were there). The location is out of the way from downtown but convenient to the Highway 12. The owner/operator was very nice and offered suggestions for places to eat and directions to downtown (for Wine Tasting). If I am passing this way again, I would consider staying here again.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kathyb406
Clarkston, WA.
Reviewed 30 July 2008

I recently had a job interview in Walla Walla & decided to stay the night before to get a fresh start in the morning. I read the reviews for the Capri on TripAdvisor.com & called the property. What a great decision! Not only were the people friendly & helpful but the room was super clean & bed comfortable. The price was right & worth every penny & more. If you are looking for a no-frills motel this is the place for you.

• Liked — Cleaniness
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business