“Great food!”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Cross street: 7th and Elm
Reviewed June 29, 2016

We were a big party the night we went, and they accommodated us with grace and a lot of patience! The food was wonderful, and the servers were very knowledgeable about Korean food. Highly recommended!

Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

They're no longer doing sushi here (it's devasting, it was really good sushi). However the remainder of the menu is still very tasty. Nice atmosphere, yummy drinks... *sigh no sushi

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I recently visited Sung Korea when visiting to take in some Reds ball games. I found the atmosphere very comforting with black tables and chairs in a bistro mode. I was quickly shown to my table and was immediately served ice water while perusing the menu. The selections were varied with a good; but not overwhelming number of Korean dishes. The descriptions of the dishes were very informative. A sushi bar is also present as in many Korean restaurants. The waiter was personable and since the place wasn't busy when I arrived we chatted for several minutes about the food and things in general. I was very pleased with my tofu appetizer and the vegetable-tofu stew was very tasty and spicy as I requested. Spice levels from mild to very spicy and everything fresh looking and tasting. I was pleasantly satiated after my meal. A few notes: some outdoor seating, prices not cheap; but good value for what you receive; good service, and not pretentious. If I return to Cincinnati I would definitely eat there again and that is the highest recommendation I could give any restaurant.

Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

It is a nice restaurant. Without pretensions, with good food, and good atmosphere. The wine list is also good. I was surprised that they brought the glass full, instead of bringing the empty glass and fill it in front of me. I had to ask for the bottle to learn about the type of grapes, year of the wine, etc ...

Reviewed June 7, 2012

As I was travelling alone the evening I stopped here I opted to sit at the bar and order dinner there. I guess that was my BIG MISTAKE! The bartender was slow, did not seem to want to serve me and it took forever for him to get my drink and bring me a menu.

Once I ordered food, the service got better although it seemed like a group of the employee's friends were there and they were getting most of the attention.

I started with the Goonmandu ($6) as it has always been one of my favorite Korean starter dishes. They were perfectly fried and tasty and the dipping sauce had a great flavor and spice to go with the dumplings.

For my entree I selected the pork Dolsot Bibimbab. (Spinach or watercress, rice, bean sprout, carrot, radish and lettuce topped with an egg sunny side up with your choice of beef, chicken, pork, or tofu. Served in heated hot stone bowl with Go-chu-jang (Korean spicy chili bean paste sauce) on the side.) I have had this before and enjoyed it. However, I felt something was lacking here. It was a little bland for my liking and even with the chili bean past sauce it was still lacking. Don't tell me to add soy sauce, that is not my preferred method to spice the food.

I was just expecting a little bit more for a place that seemed to be a bit upscale.