All reviews full kitchen kings island two bedroom suite breakfast room yogurt small kitchen separate buildings sister property next door hard boiled eggs mobile app outdoor pool living area hot breakfast water pressure in the shower every morning restaurants and shopping desk clerk
Reviewed January 3, 2018

My family arrived at the property later than anticipated due to a weather delay we encountered on our drive. I was quickly helped by friendly front desk associate. I had checked-in using the mobile app so my key was ready and I was on my way within a few minutes. This was the last positive experience we encountered during our stay.

Once we reached the room, my wife noticed that the pack-n-play we requested on the reservation was not in the room. When my wife called the front desk, an associate (different than the one we check-in with) answered and seemed frustrated with our request. It was already a stressful start to our stay as it was late and we were trying to get the kids to bed but being made to feel we were a burden on the associate made things worse. 10 minutes later the missing pack-n-play was delivered but it was missing the mattress pad and was filthy with dirty sheets and food wrappers stuffed inside. When we pushed back on the missing mattress pad and condition, we again were made to feel as if we were an inconvenience. 10 minutes later the staff member returned with a pack-n-play that had all the pieces.

Unfortunately, the issues continued. When we pulled out the sofa bed for my son, no sheets or mattress cover were found. We finally located one extra sheet and blanket in a closet but the blanket was filthy with hairs covering it. We ended up stripping layers off of the other beds in the room to make sure he had enough bedding. In addition to the bedding issues, the toilet in the room wasn't very clean and old food was left in the kitchen cabinets.

Given the late hour and the apathy of the staff member, I didn’t feel addressing the other concerns made much sense at the time. We had an early departure in the morning and I followed up with Marriott customer service and responded to the typical post-stay survey. The feedback I received back was disappointing. While I tried to keep my expectations low, I felt my comments to corporate and within the survey were detailed enough that I should have received more than a standard template response.

I always try to find a few positives with each property and the properties location was convenient to interstate 71. Additionally, the property was a quick drive to various restaurants and a shopping center. Hot and cold breakfast options were available and on par with other Townplace suites. The only potential issue I would expect regarding breakfast would be the size of the breakfast room. It was very small and I could see crowding being an issue during peak periods. Overall a disappointing stay. I couldn’t recommend this property at the moment given my experience, but if improvements/changes were made, I would be willing to give it another try.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank pittguy
Amanda M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Cincinnati Northeast/Mason, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay at the TownePlace Suites Cincinnati Northeast/Mason and providing your honest feedback regarding your recent stay.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent issues from occurring in the future.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Cincinnati.

Reviewed September 1, 2017

I was here 2 nights on a business trip and did not miss anything:

+ Very silent rooms
+ Good bed and matrace - I slept very well
+ Big room
+ Fast and efficient service
+ Nice towels
+ Everything nice and clean

~ Breakfast was ok - the breakfast room is really small and made in a "fastfood style"
~ Bathroom was ok - nothing fancy
~ Everything well maintained - even though not brand-new anymore it doesn't feel old

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed August 15, 2017

At best a one star hotel. This hotel was chosen because of it being in the Marriott family, providing breakfast and constant transportation back and forth to the Western and Southern Tennis at the Lindner tennis Center. However, the breakfast room is the smallest I have ever eaten in. The quality of the breakfast is fair to poor compared
To other Marriott facilities. We were told pick up from the tennis center until last match in the evening. If we didn't have a number for 24hr transportation we would still be at the tennis facility . Calling the hotel in the evening went to voice mail and no one bothered to call back. Rooms are not vacuumed, and products provided where the worst.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Amanda M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Cincinnati Northeast/Mason, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2017

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay at our TownePlace Suites, Cincinnati Northeast location. I apologize for the issues that you experienced as it is our goal to exceed every guest's expectation. Rest assured, I have addressed these concerns with the appropriate personnel. Thank you again for choosing out TownePlace Suites and hope you will consider us again next year.

Reviewed August 13, 2017

The motel is certainly adequate but is too expensive for what it is. The rooms are OK but not the cleanest. One day I was gone from 10am till 5 pm. When I returned to take a nap, my room had not been cleaned. Since I needed to be in my room, it was not serviced that day. The breakfast room is rather small so we took the breakfast back to our room.
The sleep sofa in the room is in terrible shape, even sitting on it is bad and forget sleeping in that bed. The people are friendly and trying hard but somehow I felt I was in a cheap motel. But it was not cheap!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Amanda M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Cincinnati Northeast/Mason, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2017

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at out TownePlace Suites, Cincinnati Northeast. I apologize that you experienced some issues during your stay. Our goal is for our guests to leave completely satisfied and it appears that we fell short of our goal in this instance. Once again, we appreciate your feedback and hope you will consider us again as your travel brings you to Cincinnati.

Reviewed August 9, 2017

Typical Marriott property. Clean, current and well lit. Parking is ample. The entry can be difficult to locate due to the proximity of the freeway. Prices are very reasonable for the area. Breakfast is included.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo