All reviews across the street restaurants and shops turkey sausage yogurt small pool night's sleep stay there again upon check per day free breakfast front desk staff netflix hulu tv printer hairdryer soap
Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

This was my second time staying in this hotel as I visit the Cincy area frequently. The hotel is nice, clean and well appointed. it is also very close to everything you need to visit when you are there.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed September 13, 2018

We've visited this Fairfield Inn twice in the past month as our daughter was attending the University of Cincinnati. This hotel is conveniently located just a block away from the campus. The hotel is also next to a Target, which is great if you need something in a pinch.

Our family of 4 was very comfortable in our bed with 2 queen beds. The room had a mini fridge, coffee maker, microwave oven, a TV, 2 chairs and an ottoman. The bathroom had a shower (no tub), a hair dryer, a large mirror and plenty of counter space. The views we had weren't that great: one was a view of across the street, the other was a view of the side of a building) but we didn't care much as that wasn't important to us.

There is a free, continental breakfast here every day. We enjoyed this very much. There are lots of options like scrambled eggs, cheese omelettes, sausage, turkey sausage, oatmeal, cereals, fresh fruit, breads, english muffins, bagels and yogurt. The food was fresh, tasty and everything was restocked promptly. The coffee station had coffee, decaf, teas and hot chocolate.

The hotel also has a pool and fitness area. The pool is small, but it's fine for a small swim. It's about 4ft deep. There are no slides, no float toys or swim noodles. There is a shower stall and towels are provided.

There is a parking option and it's a little tricky, but here's my tip. You can park at the East or West garage. When you park, the gate will print you a ticket. If you plan on going in and out a lot during the day, take that ticket to the hotel desk (each time) and they will validate it and charge you $12 per day (their website said $10/day) However, if you do not plan on going in and out of the garage, keep the ticket and just pay the gate when you leave the garage (don't even bother taking it to the hotel desk) By doing it this way, you only pay $7 per day. (We learned this the hard way)

Here's another tip: bring your own bar soap. Seriously. The bar soap provided feels very slick, slimy and feels like it doesn't wash off. All members of my family felt this way and it just felt the soap wasn't washing off, ever. The brand the hotel uses is Paul Mitchell soap. I've heard of this brand for hair products, but not soap. If you forget to bring a bar of soap, the Target next door sells single bars for about $1.

The hotel also offers free wifi and you can use it on multiple devices. The TV in the room has HBO go, Netflix (use your own account) and a few other internet options (Hulu, Crackle, for example)

There is also free lemon water in the lobby. This was very welcoming on hot summer days! The hotel lobby also has a computer and printer that guests can use.

All in all, I love this Fairfield Inn and we plan on visiting this hotel a lot whenever we come to visit our daughter in college.

Room tip: Bring your own bar of soap; the hotel one feels slimy.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank KathyOHUS
Reviewed July 25, 2018 via mobile

3 different stays, each of 1 work week. Soap scum in shower. Crumbs in carpet. No pillow cases on pillows....only positive to this property is the new fitness equipment. Asked twice to have have GM call me. He did not. I cancelled my final two week stays there.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Shawn M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cincinnati Uptown / University Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2018

jgeorged

It was a pleasure speaking with you today. Thank you for your thorough feedback. We have used your comments to coach the staff to ensure that we provide excellent service in the future.

Reviewed June 26, 2018

I have to say in this review that my hat is off to Marriott and their properties. I travel quite frequently and consistently for business. Over the years, folks have a tendency to be a bit particular about where they want to lay their heads down after a rough day of traveling for business.

We recently move to this location and I must say, I would consider when traveling for business to stay or try another Fairfield Inn again.

The hotel was relatively new, clean, well located for walk-ability to eateries, as well as only a few blocks away from a major grocery store. What more could you ask for.

The staff were pleasant, professional and willing to ensure the guests were taken care of. I will say that Housekeeping had a minor tendency of not replenishing certain items in the room, like coffee supplies and toiletries and maybe a lesson or two on how to fix the bed, but overall, very comfortable.

If you plan to find accommodations when you drop your kids off at the local University for the year, check these folks out. Great value, location and their free breakfast is better than some I've had at Marriot's along the same category or the next level up.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed June 24, 2018

Stayed here for 3 days while visiting my son. Great location. On checking into room, AC was not working. Manager responded right away and rigged the wall unit to work for us. 2nd day, TV wouldn't work. Again, responded quickly and got Tv to work, but...never came to clean room. Had to call them at 4:30 to get someone to come. Again, the manager herself came up to help clean the room. Last day, same thing happened. We were supposed to stay there again 3 days later after we came back from Louisville, but canceled our reservation.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
NelsonBuck, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cincinnati Uptown / University Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2018

We recognize your time is valuable and appreciate the feedback you have provided on the Guest Satisfaction Survey.

Maintaining a fresh atmosphere within our guest rooms and common areas is always a key priority. On behalf of the entire team at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cincinnati Uptown/University Area, I sincerely apologize for falling short of not only meeting your expectations, but ours as well. Rest assured, the feedback provided will be shared with the appropriate hotel team to ensure we consistently deliver upon guest expectations.