All reviewsbearcat loungefront deskunderground garageshuttle servicebreakfast buffetnice hotelroom servicenice staybusiness tripparking feerestaurants and barsfootball gamebed was very comfortableup to dategreat roomhospitalzoo
Reviewed May 9, 2018

I requested and got confirmation for King size bed, checked in at 11pm and walked into my room which had two double beds. Called front desk who stated "the website overbooked the king size beds", so they placed me in room with two double beds. I said it would have been nice if they told me at front desk. Lady responded that they didn't know which rooms were double and king size bed. Asked for upgrade to suite but reportedly none available.
Earlier at check in I paid a deposit with a Hyatt credit card, very kind African American lady at frond desk noted that it was "the wrong credit card" (I did not dislike her comment at all as she was very friendly) but in the end I thought this would not have happened if I stayed at a Hyatt hotel where I never had overbooking / room issues before. And the Hyatt beds are more comfortable too. Also, they don't have electric car charging stations in their parking garage. In the end my employer paid for this hotel, so that's why it's 2 stars.

Room Tip: rooms are often overbooked. beware
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Michael J
Rebecca L, Manager at Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center at the University of Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2018

Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We sincerely apologize that our front desk failed to provide excellent service. I have shared your comments with my Front Desk Manager and his team. You have provided us with a very valuable coaching opportunity and for that we are grateful.
If you are open to staying with Marriott in the future and your travel plans bring you back to Cincinnati, please contact the hotel directly so that we can ensure you have a brilliant stay.

Reviewed May 6, 2018 via mobile

Nice hotel, nice location, nice staff and clean gym. All in all a very solid choice. Some of the equipment shows its age (noisy air handler), but the overall condition is good. They seemed to handle large groups well also.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed May 5, 2018

When you're a runner and you ask the front desk "where is it safe to run outsite," and they tell you 'no where around here,' you know you've chosen poorly.

You would think that this location was safe being next to a university, but apparently, it's not. The rooms were okay. The beds were okay. The breakfast was average. The food at the bar was just okay.

I found the front desk is slow and unfrienly. The three or four times I stayed here, it seemed like a process to get checked in (even with mobile), and if you ask questions, it seems like you're putting them out for an answer.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank carriej11
Rebecca L, Manager at Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center at the University of Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2018

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We pride ourselves on being brilliant hosts and it is disappointing to hear that we failed to create an exceptional experience.
We have reviewed your comments with our Front Office team so that corrective measures can be implemented. There are actually many beautiful routes to run on campus and we apologize that we failed to provide you with the correct information.
Thank you again for allowing us the opportunity to address your concerns and we hope that you would consider Kingsgate in the future if your travel plans bring you back to Cincinnati.

Reviewed April 27, 2018

Lovely room, grounds, walk to the famous zoo and ...

Multiple attempts to straighten out billing, which credit card used, and charges not made by me to the room. Still working on it.

Especially like the ability to defer daily cleaning and earn extra Marriott points.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed March 29, 2018

I stayed at this hotel for two nights for a conference at the hotel. No complaints at all. The conference rooms and the food -- 2 breakfast, 2 lunches, and a dinner - were all good. The hotel room was spacious, clean and quiet. Staff were friendly and helpful. Location was fine, though you really do need a car unless you're only doing things on campus. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business