“Great lunch place in Cincinnati”
Review of Izzy's

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed April 1, 2018

Was in Cincinnati recently and needed a good lunch place downtown. The concierge at my hotel recommended this as a good local place for lunch and a nice walk from my hotel - he was spot on!

This casual restaurant had me a bit confused as I wasn't sure if it had table service or not but I was soon put at ease and sat down. The wait staff were helpful and friendly. I ordered the Reuben sandwich which is their specialty. My sandwich came promptly. It was accompanied with a side of a potato pancake which is another specialty of this place. The sandwich was excellent as was the potato pancake. Totally enjoyed this and the price was very reasonable. A minor complaint is that I prefer a more heavy rye bread as the bread here was a bit light to my liking. This is minor though as everything else was very good.

Definitely would go back here again if I need a lunch place in the downtown area that is a bit different from the usual fast food choices.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed December 21, 2017 via mobile

A no brainer - Over 100 years old and still going strong. May favorite is the Pastrami Reuben on pumpernickel. Brilliant! With a potato pancake on the side. I have them bag 1/2 a sandwich and that’s tomorrow’s lunch!

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank MarkandBetsy
Reviewed July 24, 2017

Any local will tell you that you must eat here...and they are right! This is deli worthy of the moniker "New York." The corned beef and the pastrami are sinful...that is how good they are. The mark of a great deli is using the right bread and making sure it is fresh. Trust me...this is the gold standard. The pickles are an afterthought in most places (extracted for a jar) but not here...the pickles are homemade and they are a religious experience....yes, that good. Last but not least....they make their own potato latkes here...and this is the crown jewel of Izzy's....I am diabetic and normally refrain from excessive carbs, particularly a fried potato....but this is the worthy exception. They are a triumph...worthy of a diet or carb cheat...and you won't find these just anywhere. Highly recommended!

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

Driving through Cincy on a roadtrip, and we just had to stop by Izzy's. I lived in Cincy about 15yrs ago and fell in love with Izzy's then. Bringing the fam and the food was just as good as I remembered! Absolutely amazing! The service was second to none as well!
TL:DR One of few must try restaurants in Cincy! Best Reuben around!

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed July 10, 2017

We enjoyed the reubens and the potato cakes. Be sure to eat your potatoes while hot as the crisy goodness turns greasy when cooler. Nice value.

Date of visit: June 2017