“Ok Food and Ok Service”

Ranked #1,467 of 2,163 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed July 19, 2015

Everywhere around was packed the evening we visited this bar but In Between wasn't as crazy as most. However, as soon as we walked in we weren't greeted with a friendly hello but with a, "it's gonna be awhile". Then we tried asking if we needed to put our names in or if we could seat ourselves and had to ask three waitresses before we got a good answer. Once we were seated our waitress was ok. She did what she could for the circumstances. The food was ok as well. Not bad but nothing to rave about. The cost did nothing to help me like the food either.

Reviewed October 3, 2014

Stopped in for a drink and some food before a concert. They were obviously well understaffed for the night, a night when they knew there would be lots of patrons in town for the concert around the corner at US Bank Arena. After some time had passed by and we realized we were not even going to get a hello, we had to stop the waitress to ask if we could order. It was not yet that busy at this time, but continued to get busier as the evening went on. We ordered a quesadilla to share and watched while several other tables were served their food orders while we waited and waited and waited, 50 minutes, for our one little quesadilla to arrive that we asked our waitress several times about whether it was ready or not. We waited 40 minutes for a beer. Each time we asked our waitress about it she said it was really busy in the bar inside (we were seated outside on the patio). When we asked for our bill and she finally brought it 20 minutes later, her last words to us were "sorry about the beer, they just wouldn't give it to me". What?! I try to be really patient in these situations...maybe someone called in sick or had an emergency and they were short staffed because of it, but there's no excuse for telling me some sorry excuse that they just won't give you the beer. And spare me the "you should see how busy it is in the bar, that's why I can't get you your beer" spiel. We watched a table walk out without paying. Maybe an apology and an explanation, that would have gone a long way!

Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch and a beer. The fajitas wrap was very tasty and my friends salad was yum! Croutons seemed homemade :) would go again

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Never again. Went with my daughter before a Reds game. She ordered a cheeseburger. The waitress asked if she wanted fries. She said yes. The bill came, the handful of cold nasty fries was 5.75. I asked the waitress about that. It seemed excessive. Her response "at least we're cheaper than the Reds."

FYI. That should never be your selling point. And you are not. A bad burger and horrible fries should not cost $14.10 at a dive bar. Anywhere. Ever.

Not going back, food was poor, service poor and cost was very expensive for quality.

Can't rate it less than 1 or I would.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

This place has been here "forever". I remember going here back in the 70's and it still has it's "charm" A great place ofr meeting friends before a Bengals or Reds game!!