“If you like pub atmosphere with dark wood everywhere. Awesome”

Nicholson's Tavern & Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
Nicholson's Tavern & Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 2,086 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Scottish, Pub
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Between 6th and 7th
Description: Located in downtown Cincinnati across from the Aronoff Center, Nicholson’s is a restaurant and bar serving fine food and drink in a genuine Scottish tavern setting. Taking inspiration from the public houses found throughout Great Britain, our goal is to provide our guests with authentic hospitality and a brilliant dining experience. In addition to high-quality food, we offer a wide variety of beer, wine, bourbon, craft cocktails and feature one of the best selections of single malt scotch whiskies in the area.
Reviewed April 25, 2017

WOnderful tavern and pub. Great old feeling to it with rooms and fireplaces, awesome bar, huge selection of any kind of beer, liquors and wines. Scottish/irish feel to it all with kilts on some of the servers, men and women. Meal was quite good, service was excellent, atmosphere was the winner. Fish and chips was wonderful. Only wish we found it earlier in our stay.

Reviewed April 23, 2017 via mobile

Went here before the Eric Church show. It was my first time in Cincinnati and I'm glad I went here for dinner, My wife and I had the Fish and Chips and it was a great meal. Hope to go back again.

Reviewed April 19, 2017

Was visiting Cincinnati for the first time and happened to wander into Nicholsons. Great place for food and of course the beer was excellent. Very nice atmosphere - will definitely go back if I'm ever in Cincinnati again.

Reviewed April 18, 2017

I attended a matinee and evening performance of a show at the Aronoff on Saturday and in between shows, decided to go to Nicholson's across the road intending to have a couple of pints and something to eat. The place had an appealing atmosphere, friendly staff and a wide selection of draft beer that's reasonably priced.

The food however was a different story. I ordered a pint and was given a menu at about 5:10 pm. I decided to order the Shepherd's Pie for $14.95 - certainly not worth the price. When the order came, I was tempted to ask when the rest of it would be out. It was an extremely small portion in a shallow dish, basically a scoop of lukewarm mashed potatoes with a few undercooked frozen peas and carrots in what I think was a thin mixture of lamb and beef (though Alpo ran through my mind as I was eating it). I tried to take my time eating but since there wasn't much there, I was done in about two minutes. I think I was done at 5:20 pm.

Still hungry, I decided to forego the second pint and went to the Rock Bottom where I had a very generous and tasty helping of boneless wings for considerably less money.

Back at the theatre on Sunday for two more performances, I ventured out again for beer and food in between shows, and I didn't hesitate to keep walking past Nicholson's.

Reviewed April 12, 2017

Directly across the street from Aranoff. Food is good and the atmosphere is friendly. Call ahead for reservations as very busy befor performances at Aranoff.