“BBQ”

SmoQ
Ranked #108 of 2,123 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Authentically good BBQ & southern food with a flair. If it's legal, we'll smoQ it! In a world where the objective seems to be getting the food from the freezer to the table as fast as possible, smoQ was created out of a passion to do things the right way! SmoQ was designed with an emphasis on the smoker because the smoker was designed with an emphasis on slow cooking. Coupling that, is a desire to create southern food with a flair while holding true to the values that make southern cuisine special.
Reviewed May 2, 2018

The beef brisket was very good. The sides I ordered with were also tasty. Others in my party had the rib tips. Everyone was happy with their food. We did get a dessert to share, peach cobbler. It was good but a small portion for $7.99.

Tim S, Owner at SmoQ, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2018

Thank you for dining with us! We appreciate your business and are glad to hear you enjoyed your meal.

Reviewed January 26, 2018

My coworker and I had dinner here while in town for business and enjoyed our meal immensely. Staff was wonderful and the food was fantastic.

Tim S, Owner at SmoQ, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2018

Thank you for stopping in! We are glad you enjoyed your meal. Hope to have you back next time you're in town.

Reviewed January 10, 2018

This place is a regular favorite of mine, so I'm biased, but I discovered they now have PORK RINDS on the Appetizer Menu!! Apparently they've been there a while, since the menu change, but I didn't notice. Ladies and gentlemen, first of all, I am a hillbilly, who loves pork rinds of any flavor, so I had to try these and let me tell you, they are beyond my wildest pork rind dreams!! Came out still popping and cracking, dusted with a bit of BBQ. $5.99 and I had plenty of leftovers to share with my dogs for 2 days, in an airtight baggie. I will absolutely be ordering these to-go in the near future as a snack. Our bill, 3 glasses of wine, 2 "pick 2" entrees and appetizer was $72.68. Enough leftovers I had lunch the next day. So I believe a really good value! Servers are super friendly and can help in the decision of what to order. Amy is especially terrific!!

Reviewed January 4, 2018 via mobile

My daughter decided she wanted to treat me to lunch while out Christmas shopping. She was in the mood for bbq so she suggested this place. I had the rib tip platter which came with two sides. I decided on the sweet potato casserole and the Mac and cheese. I was highly pleased with both. The rib tips were cooked to perfection. I look forward to returning and enjoying the exact same meal. The prices are more than reasonable for the quality and quantity of food.

Reviewed December 12, 2017

Since I don't live in the area, it's been a while since I've there. The sweet potato casserole, cornbread muffins and strawberry lemonade were, AWESOME!! The crowd seem to be very low, compared to my previous visits. The waiter was very nice and helpful, despite the disrespectful attitude of one person in our party (I hope the tip made up for it some).