“Good food, service was a little slow, but staff very nice.”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Ranked #663 of 2,074 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed December 21, 2017

Nothing extraordinary to report here. The food was tasty and served hot, but it seemed to take a long time. The place wasn't extremely busy when we were there. Staff was nice. They forgot my son's apple juice (we didn't notice) and then brought it to him in a to-go cup at the end of our meal when they realized it.

Reviewed October 27, 2017

The waitress dropped a full tray of dirty dishes and glasses down on me and never said, I am sorry... excuse me, let me get you a towel...NOTHING!!! Broken glass was all over my lap and feet, and I was soaked. I had to ask for the manager as I thought they could at least take off the appetizers from the bill. The manager did this but not until I asked and pleaded my case. The manager who was a young girl said.. Well dont worry this particular server only works about once a month and has a young child at home, so feel bad for her. I laughed and said, so I am a nurse...and if I have a nurse that only works once a month and injures a patient, should I tell the family, oh, she only hurts someone, once a month and feel bad for her because she has a small child at home! I think NOT!! The two hostesses who did not like the idea of them cleaning tables (from listening to the conversations) so they were waiting for the servers to clear their tables, as apparently they got rid of the bus job a few months ago, the manager also said they would bring back the bus job next month. But, these hostesses were turning away customers telling them there was a 20 minute wait, while there were many open tables. The people who chose to stay, really surprised them! They said...are you sure you want to wait 20 minutes? I was getting frustrated just watching them and waiting for the table. I was happy to know they did not clear our table after seeing them drop the rag on the floor they were wiping the tables with, throwing the rag around, never dipping it in a solution, just using the rag that hit the floor, to clean a table that people were eating on!

1  Thank 149sherried
OutbackGuestServices, Manager at Outback Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2017

We can do much better than this. We'd like to review this further if you could please take a moment to send me an email at news@outback.com with the subject "TripAdvisor - Springdale, OH". We can then correspond directly over email.

Madeline

Reviewed September 3, 2017

First off, a complaint. We went in the early evening with plenty of tables available. We were seated at the table closest to the restrooms AND the carryout counter. There was A LOT of traffic.

The steaks were tasty, but about half a degree less done then requested. I was fine with my medium rare being closer to rare. However my wife left some of her medium on the plate because it was nearly raw. Bloomin' Onion was good, especially with the sauce. Our service was kind of spotty, but we did have a server in training.

Reviewed July 28, 2017 via mobile

You know how they always open the door for you at Outback? Well, they did not today and that was a sign of things to come.
After being seated we almost left after waiting 9-10 minutes before a server asked us if anybody was waiting on us. She took our drink orders, told us an appetizer was free, and things were getting better.
Well, almost. It was my wife's birthday and she wanted a filet, so we ordered the Melborne off the dinner menu. We have split this before and with an appetizer it is always enough food. My wife wanted the steak with "no pink," and on her birthday that was alright with me.
After a longer than normal wait, we have eaten at several Outback's before, our cheesy fries arrived with very little cheese. We should have asked for more. But, we had our drinks, bread, and appetizer and things would get better.
Well, after a longer wait than normal, our salad arrived, and we had our drinks and bread. That steak was going to be so great.
Well, again after a longer wait than normal, our steak arrived and we should have sent it back. It was burned. Yes, it had no pink and very little brown. But, we had our bread and drinks.
My wife had a coupon for a free dessert and it says, your choice of any dessert.
But after clearing the table, our server came back with a bowl of one big scoop of vanilla ice cream, covered with a few cookie crumbs, whipped cream, and a cherry, plus 2 spoons.
Our bill came to about $30, after a free appetizer and dessert.
We will eat at Outback again, but we will try another location next time.

OutbackGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Outback Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2017

Hello,

We feel terrible that we let you down. Please take a moment to email us at news@outback.com with the subject: TripAdvisor Review – Cincinnati, OH so we can follow up with you soon.

Leah

Reviewed July 6, 2017

Stopped in on the 4th of July and encounter a hostess that didn't seem to care whether we were there or not. In spite of the restaurant not being busy, we had to wait several minutes to be seated. However, once our waiter arrived, everything turned great. Great service, great food, and an overall great meal.