“Very Clean and Roomy Stay”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati
Ranked #12 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati
Muncie, Indiana
“Very Clean and Roomy Stay”
Reviewed 17 May 2012

I stayed at the Hawthorn for business that was very easy get to from interstate and local roads. Many surrounding places to eat breakfast or dinner. I had a full kitchen room that was very spacious and it had everything I needed for the short stay. The breakfast was a very simple hot breakfast with ceral and donuts, but there was not much room to sit and eat. They did offer trays to take food back up to the room via the very slow elevator. Howevcer, this was a very good price for the room and breakfast.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank fishhead101
hawthorncincy, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati, responded to this review, 19 May 2012
Thank you for taking your time to write about your experience at our hotel. I would like to let you know that we do have plans of constructing a more functional breakfast area, with a lot of additional seating. We look to begin this project within the year. I am pleased to hear your satisfaction with the full kitchen in the room. I am happy to say that all of our rooms do come equipped with full kitchens. We hope that business brings you back to the area again and that you choose our hotel for your next stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Wlimore, KY
Reviewed 9 April 2012

My wife and I spent the night here for quick getaway in the jacuzzi suite and very much enjoyed it. Room was clean and well equipped. 42" LCD TVs were nice. Hot breakfast was good: eggs, bacon, and french toast sticks. They also had trays which allowed me to take breakfast up to our room. Business Center and wi-fi were nice touches also. Since we had the jacuzzi tub in our room, we didn't use the pool, but it looked good. We appreciated the location of this hotel, as we visited Jungle Jim's International Market, IKEA, and Papadeaux restaurant, each within about a 10-15 minute drive. We will return if we ever visit the north side of Cinci again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TravelinManDan
hawthorncincy, Guest Relations Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Thank you for taking your time to write about your recent stay. I am thrilled to hear your stay was so enjoyable. All of our rooms are suites and include: 42" Plasma TV and DVD player with over 50 High-Definition channels, Pillowtop Mattresses, WiFi, and spacious full size kitchens. We also have a free hot breakfast each morning. I am so glad you found our location so convenient; being right off I-75 it creates easy access to so many great places. I hope that you will come and stay with us again soon and try out some of our other great amenities.
Rochester, New York, United States
Reviewed 13 March 2012

We found this hotel by using the coupon books you pick up at the rest areas. Once we pulled in we realized we had stayed here before and we had liked it in the past, too. Even the size of the studio is more than adequate and it's so nice to have a little kitchen with real cups and glasses, not styrofoam ones. The desk staff were very courteous and friendly. Breakfast is very good, too.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Flute_Fanatic
hawthorncincy, Guest Relations Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience. I am glad you enjoyed the complementary breakfast. If you are ever in the area we would love to have you stay at our property again!
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Stayed here with my husband while he was attending the International Hoof Care Summit in Cin. We had the 1 bedroom suite. Nice and clean. Little disappointed in the items to cook with. Had to buy a cookie sheet. Would have loved to have a hot tub by the pool also. They had pizza night on Monday which was really nice! Saved me from making dinner. Breakfast buffet was acceptable. Used the excercise rooom everyday. A bike, treadmill & stepper. It would be great if they could add some weight machines. All in all it was an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Sue R
Thank you for your suggestions on improvements that could have made your stay better! It is suggestions such as yours that help to make our hotel more enjoyable and accommodating. I am sorry to hear that you had to purchase your own cookie sheet. Had we known your room did not have one, we would have been happy to provide one for you.
Atlanta
Reviewed 16 January 2012

The staff was nice, location convient to freeway and the living room/kitchen/dinning area was larger then the average type suite. We stayed for one night in a 2 bedroom suite. The suite was clean. The furniture in the living room and bedrooms felt like thrift store furniture that didn't really fit properly in the rooms. It was fine for a night, and I would stay again if it was convient, but wouldn't be my first choice.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank mrolfes
I am regretful to hear that your stay was anything by 100% satisfactory. It is our goal to constantly strive to exceed the expectations of our guests. Your comments will be taken seriously and we will work to beter meet your expectations for the future.
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We wanted a place with a full kitchen, full breakfast, and an indoor pool, and this is the only place we found that fit the bill for a reasonable price! (Room for 6 under $100) We used all three amenities and enjoyed them. The staff was friendly and accomodated our request for an early check-in. The room was clean and well-maintained.

We enjoyed having a full kitchen, using all the appliances. I was glad I took my stainless steel frying pan, but wish I'd taken more pans as the ones there were scratched up non-stick, which I believe are unsafe. I was also glad I brought extra silverware and paper plates as there was only enough for 3 or 4. One minor issue was the large crack between the counter and stove, which could be somewhat major if a person lost something important down there. (We covered it with a paper towel.)

The breakfast was complete with many food choices; however, I would say that the hot items, such as eggs and potatoes, were obviously very processed. The pool was in good shape and and fairly warm, too.

Overall it was an excellent place to stay, and we would stay there again if in the area!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Beth M
I am happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay at our hotel! Many of our suites are a wonderful option for families. Please know that we have resolved the issue with the gap between the counter and the stove. I apologize that it had not been brought to our attention before your stay. We constantly strive to better ourselves and appreciate your feedback.
Lebanon, Ohio
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Husband and I wanted a quiet place to stay as we did our Christmas shopping in Cincy and the outlets. I was amazed at how far our dollar went here. Nice sized room, full kitchen (what a surprise) that we kept drinks and a few snacks in, great mattresses, huge breakfast (bonus), VERY clean, TV bigger than ours at home, plus warm cookies that we could not resist. Easy parking, and just seconds from the interstate. If you don't live around here, one of the best restaurants in Cincy is only a few minutes away in Glendale: The Grand Finale. Try the spinach crepes.

Couldn't find a local grocery, and there are very few fast food restaurants here, but the (very nice) Thornton's has super selection of coffee, beer, soft drinks, and snacks for the room.

Plan to stay in this same hotel on our next weekend getaway.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple