“Nice upmarket restaurant”
Review of Prime Cincinnati

Prime Cincinnati
Reserve with OpenTable
Prime Cincinnati is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #99 of 2,164 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Prime 47 is known for its USDA Prime Steaks, exquisite cuisine, extensive wine selection and outstanding service. Relax and enjoy the ambiance, while our staff becomes your staff, dedicated to providing a truly personalized dining experience.
Reviewed April 1, 2018

Was in Cincinnati recently for a business trip and ended up at Prime for dinner. This is an upmarket restaurant in downtown Cincinnati. In the area there are a lot of choices for dining. What drew me to this restaurant was the modern clean appearance. I ended up having dinner in the bar area which has the same menu as the main dining area. Dining by myself it was nice to be able to look out the window and watch people going by as I had my dinner.

While this is basically a steak house sort of place there was enough variety in the menu that I found something that interested me. I had the lamb chops with a grilled polenta and a blueberry balsamic reduction. It was very good! The chops were cooked to perfection. They server 4 chops which was a very nice portion. The sauce was nicely balanced not being too sweet or sour and complemented the chops perfectly. I started with the house salad which was a nice mix.

The service was prompt but not overly effusive or intrusive. This place is a bit upmarket so it was not inexpensive. I felt that it was good value for a good dining experience. With so many choices for dinner in downtown Cincinnati I think there is lots to try but as for recommending a place to go would definitely recommend Prime.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank DaQi

Reviewed March 23, 2018 via mobile

Came here with my daughter and had a great experience. The house salad was great and full of flavor! My daughter ate every bite of her 8oz Filet Mignon which was cooked perfect medium rare. I had the Sea Bass and it was probably one of the best sea bass dishes I have ever had. The side of asparagus was delicious and enough for the two of us to share.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank jeneeo
Reviewed February 20, 2018

I was so excited when presented with the opportunity to have lunch at Prime. I'd heard many great things about this place, and it's highly rated. We were warmly greeted and ushered to our table by the host. The server was at the table in an instant to get our beverage orders. When it came time to order our lunches, he was struggling with a new device that was supposed to expedite order-taking and ultimately allow patrons to pay their bill right at the table.
We started with the chicken lettuce wraps and the meatballs, which our server said were delicious. The wraps were good, but the crispy garnish tasted stale. Quite frankly, I make better meatballs. I ordered a Greek salad and was underwhelmed with it. I'd expected something high end, but this was more like a salad you get at Panera except bigger. From the time we ordered service was very slow, and it took some time to get the bill. Since most weekday lunchtime guests are business people, it seems that service would be more attentive to accommodate those of us who work. The atmosphere was very elegant, but the rest of the experience fell flat. As a more high-end dining establishment, I'd expected much more. I am not sure I'll go back.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed February 1, 2018

The service here is second to none. You have your main server and their assistant attending to your every need. The food is on par with fine steakhouses anywhere in the country. Definitely recommend it

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank mbowman4423
Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

I rarely order a steak. This was a group business dinner and I’m so glad I did order a filet as it was really excellent. The crispy peppery outside with the juicy center was perfect. Side dishes were good, roasted Brussels sprouts and Mac ‘n cheese, but the steak alone would have been worth the dinner. Highly recommend. Atmosphere also good.

Date of visit: December 2017