“good location”

Ranked #24 of 49 Hotels in Cincinnati
Ohio
“good location”
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Stayed at this hotel over the weekend and it was a good stay. Location was great. Very close to my sons soccer tournament. Shopping and food close by also. Staff was very nice. We had two rooms no problems in one and a couple problems in the other. Check in was quick, and easy, and the lady at the desk was very nice. When we got to our room the tv was not working. I called the front desk and the young lady said the maintenance person was swamped but she would get him there as soon as possible. Within 5 min there was a knock at the door. The manager of the hotel had come to see if he could fix the problem. I thought this was great as unfortunately very often in the service industries you do not get a manager who helps out his employees unless it's a serious problem. He was able to fix the problem in just a couple of min. The rooms were spacious, and the beds were comfy, but there was a stain on the carpet and what looked like kool-aid, or some sort of juice drink splashed on the wall by the window. The breakfast area was very nice and spacious, and the food was pretty good. The evening clerk on sat was great. Went out of her way to help us find a resteraunt and made several recommendations on where to go. My biggest complaint would be that getting in the parking lot is a bit of a challenge. The hotel sits on a hill and you don't see the traffic coming until your already starting to turn in. A little scary. Also when I went to use the computer in the business suite there were kids playing on the one computer that was working, so I never got to use it even though there was a sign that said no one under 18 w/o an adult. I'm sure if I would have went to the front desk they would have taken care of it, but we were leaving so I just decided to let it go. Overall a good stay. Kids loved it! Got a great deal on the room through hotwire!!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 2 October 2011

This was a very convenient location for our soccer tournament. Just five minutes down the road. The staff was average...did not really go out their way to provide hospitality. This facility looks new from the outside but really needs some updating on the inside. Our room was small and the bathroom was TINY! Our heater did not work in our room and the hotel was overbooked so we couldn't change rooms. We requested extra blankets and they sent one per bed.
Breakfast was cold and the staff was even colder.
Don't know if I'd stay here again if we weren't so close to our tournament.

Room Tip: Don't choose any rooms that end in 08...you are right by the elevator which is really slow btw.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
sejalarch, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cincinnati West, responded to this review, 7 October 2011
Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this valuable feedback. We sometimes overlook the details when consumed with day-to-day activities, therefore it is important for us to hear these issues from the most important people, our Guests!

We strive to take care of every guest, even during the busy times. Our goal is to exceed all expectations so you will visit our hotel again and recommend us to others. Please feel free to contact me directly so we can discuss these issues in person. I can be reached at 513-389-2420 or email at GM@hiecincinnatihotel.com.

Ken Broering
US
Reviewed 8 September 2011

This was a really decent hotel. It was conveniently located off the interstate. I just wish one hotel I stayed at actually had working gym equipment????

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Indiana
Reviewed 12 August 2011

Stayed one night after a day at the zoo.

King room was very nice and I loved the large closet area.

Breakfast room was beautiful and it had the best free breakfast I have had.

Evening clerk was very friendly

I'd love to stay there again!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2011

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for 4 nights and everything was absolutely perfect. The Hotel employees were extremely nice to us and were always making sure we were happy with everything. The rooms were very clean. Location is decent. We were fairly close to the places we had plans. The room was very quiet at night. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank Bway87
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Did this on spur of moment thru Hotwire. Great location near hwys we were coming from WV and going to Indianapolis. Room was bigger than the 4 star we stayed at 2 days ago! New in 2008. Staff very friendly. Breakfast was awesome! Cinnamon rolls and make your own pancakes! Also choc chip cookies upon arrival! This was my sons favorite out of the 4 hotels we stayed at during our week long trek to DC. Outdoor pool is great. I highly recommend. Stores and restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: west of the Cinci downtown area but not too far to get back
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank fromtheLou90
Kuttawa, Kentucky
Reviewed 4 August 2011

In February of this year my brother became gravely ill and was in the hospital over 12 weeks in Cincinnati. My mother and I stayed at this hotel almost the entire 12 weeks. We were treated like family by the staff. The staff was always friendly, accommodating and helpful. They were on first name basis with us as well. If we had a problem with a room, they did everything they could to try and solve the problem. The girls who worked the breakfast were wonderful... Donna & Debbie. They treated my mother so kind, and she adored them. Joe, with maintenance, also helped my Mom so much. Mary, with housekeeping was a joy. She always came by to talk to us and ask how my brother was doing. She would see me in the workout room and pop in for a chat. Debbie, the front desk manager at the time, and Richard were great too! Debbie was the first face I saw on the night my brother was near death and she helped to calm my fears. Sandy was also very very sweet. I hope I am not leaving anyone out. The staff at that time was just excellent. In late April, we noticed a staff change and a few new faces at the front desk.
This was our home away from home (5 hour drive) for several weeks and we couldn't have been more comfortable. I will return in August for a visit and I will be staying here again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family