1,590 results
All reviewsold faithful snow lodgeobsidian restaurantgeyser grillvisitor centerwinter wonderlanddining roomgeyser basinparking lotwestern cabinfast foodgift shopgeneral storemodern hotelmini fridgethermal featuressecond floorwest yellowstone
Reviewed September 20, 2014

We arrived at the OF Snow Lodge in the afternoon on a very, VERY FRIGED Thursday, September 11th. It was about 32 degrees outside and had been lightly snowing on and off all day. The first obstacle we found was trying to figure out where to park and how to get into the hotel using the "one way" streets. We finally found our way to the front desk and was checked in by a very nice man. The room was very chilly when we got to it so I turned on the heat. The room was very nice with 2 queen beds, a small fridge, coffeemaker and was very clean. Bathroom was split between the sink in the little hallway and the toilet and shower in a private room. A small bear soap was sitting on the sink counter, very cute. A stuffed buffalo was sitting on the bed and could be ours for a seventeen dollar donation. I was taken back by this as I donated two dollars per night at check in time for the park upkeep when asked by the desk person. Why another ask for money? After about 10 minutes I realized the heat didn't come on so I called the front desk at which time I was informed that the boiler was broken. No one told me this when I was checking in. Come to find out they hadn't had heat in 3 or so days. We went downstairs to talk to the front desk and the man then told us they could give us an extra blanket. I informed them that I had an autoimmune disease (multiple sclerosis) that made me very heat and cold sensitive and again, I was told that I could have an extra blanket. I asked if there were any other rooms available in the area hotels. The man called to check and all that was available was a room with a double bed and shared bath. No thanks! I'd prefer not to share a bathroom with strangers! While all this was going on, at no time were we offered any compensation for the freezing room. All the people in the hotel were walking and sitting around in the hall areas with their coats on. Perhaps this should have been a warning when we first walked in. We returned to our room where 2 blankets were stacked on the hallway seat for us to use for the night, thanks (said sarcastically). We got up early the next day and headed out. Upon returning to the hotel, they had fixed the heater in the hallway areas so those areas were now ablaze while the rooms were still cold. Very bizarre how this was all handled. When we went to check out, I asked the desk person if the manager was going to compensate us for having no heat and he said that they couldn't offer us a discount but we could tell them what we thought was appropriate to pay for the inconvenience. I offered 60.00 less than the nightly fee (260.00). In hindsight, perhaps I should have offered to pay for the price of the room with the double bed and shared bath (117.00). My opinion of the hotel? Nicely appointed, dinner in the restaurant was good, rooms were nice (albeit freezing) but I felt slighted that I was not told at the front desk that there was no heat or contacted by phone/email 3 days earlier so that I could try to find other accommodations. If I hadn't asked for compensation I wouldn't have been given anything. Poor customer service always leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I won't stay here again nor will I recommend this hotel to anyone. BTW, for 260.00 per night, with no real bonuses but a small fridge and coffee maker perhaps the hotel can give free wifi access to people. Another put off for me.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HARLEEBB
Reviewed September 19, 2014

I have stayed at the Snow lodge twice and the cabins once. Each experience has been positive. Rooms are comfortable and amenities are good. Particularly like the spaciousness of the cabins. These are not luxury accomodations, as they are managed and maintained by an NPS concessionaire under contract. But the level of service is dependable, and location is great!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed September 17, 2014

Room was very nice with two queen beds. Nice amenities but could use moe electrical outlets. Had to juggle to charge phones, cameras, and IPads. The grill in the building was very nice and reasonable. The restaurant in the snow lodge was actually preferable to the more crowded one in the old lodge across the parking lot. Easy walk to Old Faithful, the Old Faithful inn, post office, shops, clinic and everything at Old Faithful. We rented very nice bikes (Trek) from the gift shop in the building with good advice on bike paths from the bike tech.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 15, 2014

We stayed in YNP 4 nights and the OFI Snow Lodge cabins were by far the worst of the lot. The cabins were tired and worn out. The carpet is stained and needs replacing. The room smelled of mildew or mold. The cabins are out in the middle of a traffic loop around the lodge and they look like they were prefabbed then brought in and set up in a parking lot. Wouldn't do it again if had the choice.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the lodge. It seems new! Nice, clean, updated. Very friendly staff. Nice amenities - shampoo, conditioner, lotion, body wash, in-room Keurig coffee, refrigerator and hair dryer. Nice on site eating options. Walk to Old Faithful!
If you want to eat in Old Faithful Inn dining room, make reservations 2 months ahead! In September it was still booked.
Remember - no TV, radio or A/C in rooms. Fan was available in room and windows open.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple