Just came back from Yosemite Park and had a pretty good experience at Crane Flat campground. You'll certainly enjoy their huge campsites with plenty of space to set up your tent, bear proof food containers, spots for 2 cars, table + benches and fire ring. The only non-convenient part is that there's no showers ($ 5 at Curry Village). There's a grocery store and a gas station pretty close to the campground.
My tips if you're going to stay at Crane Flat:
– Make sure to take a flashlight with you. The place is dark at night and there's no electric light at the restrooms.
– Fill up your car's tank outside of the park, since all the gas stations inside the park are pricey.
– Take a warm jacket even if you go in the middle of the summer. The early mornings and nights are cold.
– Please drive slowly. Bears, deers and other animals can cross your way at any time!
- Also Known As:
- Crane Flat Campground Hotel Yosemite National Park