I really liked sitting out on the veranda in the late afternoon, enjoying the scenery. I enjoyed the look of the hotel. The rooms were 'cute'. We had two rooms with a bath in between (a Jack and Jill set up). Our rooms were billed for 3 people - NO WAY! There was a double bed in our room and a twin - luckily only two of us needed that room - we slept in separate beds since the double was so small. The room would have been better with one king or queen bed.
Bathroom - mold on the ceiling - and a traditional claw tub shower that when you get the hot water going, the shower curtain sticks to you. Yuck.
Lastly, if we wanted only one room with a bath, then our bath would have only been separated from the next room by a single door - any sound can easily be heard in the rooms adjoining the bath rooms.
Check in was friendly but so slooowww.
Overall, it was a good location for us since the next morning we got up early, walked the Mariposa Trail up to Wawona point and since we were so close, we got there early and beat the crowds. This is the only reason you stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Big Trees Lodge is cherished as one of the most respected and most frequently visited Yosemite hotels. Its authentic Victorian architecture features beautiful white buildings, classic verandas and lush natural surroundings. At the Big Trees Lodge, there's something for everyone-including golf, tennis, horseback riding, or fishing. Evenings are spent gathered around the piano for musical performances in the lounge. Big Trees Lodge dining is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon so you can book your Big Trees Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wawona Hotel Yosemite National Park
- Wawona Yosemite National Park