Wow - we went last year (2011) for the first time and loved it! This year we came back and brought a friend up. We were all shocked by the issues we had.
1. The breakfast buffet is NO MORE / mgt's cost cutting efforts changed this two weeks ago. We had no idea. We awoke starving only to find out it was a HUGE wait for Costco crap food. We tried to eat it - but it's SO processed and rubbery, it could NOT be any more disgusting.
2. We had to go to Oakhurst - a drive out the park - just to get a real breakfast the next morning.
3. For $250 a night, I got to stay in a hotel
room with a broken leg ripped off the Victorian Chair, with the broken chair leg lying on the floor!! Someone cleverly pushed the chair up against the wall / hoping no one would notice. TOTAL safety issue - Never seen this in my lifetime actually.
4. For spending $800 on a friends room and our room I expected an edible breakfast and a functional hotel room. Curry Tent cabins are a better deal and better sleep than the Wawona. You can at least walk to decent food from there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Big Trees Lodge is cherished as one of the most respected and most frequently visited Yosemite hotels. Its authentic Victorian architecture features beautiful white buildings, classic verandas and lush natural surroundings. At the Big Trees Lodge, there's something for everyone-including golf, tennis, horseback riding, or fishing. Evenings are spent gathered around the piano for musical performances in the lounge. Big Trees Lodge dining is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity.ca, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Big Trees Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wawona Hotel Yosemite National Park
- Wawona Yosemite National Park