“Incredible food and great vegetarian & vegan options!”
Review of Thai Sapa

Thai Sapa
Ranked #14 of 46 Restaurants in Springdale
Price range: US$15 - US$27
Cuisines: Thai, Vietnamese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Hello! And welcome to Thai Sapa's site. Our small but excellent restaurant and menu includes dishe's from Thailand, Vietnam, China, India, & Indonesia! A SE Asian Fusion. We specialize in homemade Thai curries, Pad Thai, Spring rolls, Dumplings, Samosas, Egg Rolls, Satay's chicken-beef or lamb, Noodle Bowls, Vietnamese Pho & Banh Xeo, Papaya Salads, Thai Beef salads, Springdale Stir-fry, Bach Sio, Fried Rice, Chow Mein, Tom Kha, Tom Yum, Wonton & Miso Soup's. Most of the menu is made Vegetarian/Vegan. We offer King Salmon, Ahi Tuna, Lamb, Duck, Scallop's, Beef, Pork, Chicken, Shrimp & Tofu for those that want. Great children's menu. We use the highest quality ingredients including Organic, Natural or Non-GMO, No MSG as well as Gluten Free, and high oleic Sunflower oils. A variety of fresh produce comes from local farmers, and from our very own orchard we use produce, fresh herbs and beautiful flowers for the table tops.
Reviewed June 5, 2018 via mobile

This restaurant made the visit to Zion better than I could have expected. The food is delicious, came out quickly, and the waitress was really nice and accommodating. It was so good, I can’t recommend it more. I was surprised to see an entire page of the menu dedicated to vegan and vegetarian options! I hope this gem in Zion stays around for a long time!

Reviewed June 3, 2018

This place was so popular there was a line up out the front when we went, however we didn't wait more than 15 minutes & the food was delicious. When they say that their curries are spicy even at mild, they mean it, so if hot is not your thing opt for something other than a curry, even yellow curry. Nice wine & dinner after a long day of hiking.

Reviewed June 2, 2018

Nice to find a place with vegan/veggie choices and also good eats for my meat loving husband. Decor was nice, service was great and we both enjoyed our food. No more expensive than what we find in town for a good Thai restaurant. We'll be back.

Reviewed May 29, 2018 via mobile

If you are vegan stay away. I ate the egg rolls (which state on the menu that they are vegan) with lettuce as they recommend. As I got to the last one I ran out of lettuce and was then able to taste the pork. Manager Shannon came over and offered 2 dollars off and LAUGHED at the fact that I didn't taste meat until the end. Server Mike insisted it was miscommunication. However, I did not order the pork egg rolls, nor did he ask if I wanted to add pork. It was pure greed for a two dollar upsell.... pathetic. Needless to say as a vegan I was completely distraught by the experience and left in tears...

dennis b, Owner at Thai Sapa, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2018

First off, let me say how sorry I am that you had such an unpleasant experience at our establishment. We are very serious about our Vegan menu and customers, and this is the first time in years that something like this has come up.

However after discussing this with Mike it appears it is more complicated than your review might have it. Firstly, it is our policy to follow up an order of egg-rolls with the question, “Pork or Vegetarian?” Mike admits that he didn’t do this with your order, and he apologizes for this, but since there were other meat appetizers and dishes ordered in your party it didn’t cross his mind. FYI The menu states this dish as follows:

EGGROLLS These Home Made, delicious, deep-fried spring rolls are made with carrots, and cabbage and served w/ a Thai sweet and sour sauce. VEGAN $7.95 Add: Pork $1.

And he has stated emphatically to me that no mention of Vegan(ism) was mentioned by anyone at any point during your dining experience. This point is an important one. 20% of our customers are Vegan or Vegetarian and close to 100% announce this fact when ordering. I can say from personal experience having been a Vegetarian for 5 years and a Vegan for two that my server would know clearly what my dietary inclinations are.

As for the up-sell, this was the last thing that Mike would be expected to think about, and if you really thought that, why would you tip him $15. on a $80. check minus the $7.95 egg-rolls (which were taken off your bill)? I would not have given him a dime!

I also spoke with Shannon and she claims that she didn’t laugh at you. Regardless she, of course, apologizes for any experience of insensitivity on her part.

I want to thank you for bringing up this problem with our service and on-going training continues. In the future when someone generally orders egg-rolls (this is the only dish on the menu that this can easily happen with) that the server must ask the meat or no meat question. And a customer must never have the experience of feeling like they are being laughed at. Again our apologies.

Reviewed May 22, 2018 via mobile

The red curry was good after a long day of hiking but certainly not the best I've had. Service was quick and friendly. Watch the drinks, no free refills on sodas so we we're a bit surprised when we got the bill.