All reviewsswimming poolwestern standardspeaceful placelovely hotelcable tvstayed here for nightsenjoyed our staynice poolrooms are largeviews of the mountainsmin walkhotel is locatedin townbaguetteairfieldlaosbus
Reviewed November 1, 2017

Okay, so where do I start?
Got here at night with 2 tired kids and my wife. Had booked room on Agoda because it had a room with a king and 2 singles. Reception told us that that was not what we had paid for, we showed them Agoda condo but they said Agoda was wrong.
After arguing we secured the room we wanted. Got up in the morning after a good sleep in a quiet room with good bathroom.
Asked to stay for 2 more nights as the rooms were good as was the pool. I was told that it would be an extra $20 US a night because we got such a good deal the first night.
We said that we could booked at original rate on Agoda now. They said no, Agoda was wrong. Eventually after 30 minutes of discussion we agreed on the original price!
From there we were asked every hour to pay the whole bill immediately or we would have to check out! Asked if they could get the TV going but were informed that there was no TV in all of Vang Veng because of the weather ( it was nice and ☀️).
The hotel itself is okay and quiet and reasonably clean. Good breakfast and pool, small outdoor gym which was great.
However the constant battle with the reception people (very aggressive) eventually left a bad taste in my mouth. Our family have been traveling SE Asia for 7 months now and this was not a great experience.
Check your room and price and have proof. However could not recommend.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed October 20, 2017

My family and I just spent four nights at this hotel and I will summit up with this
Positiv:
Nice quiet location
Nice view from pool and rooms
Laundry service
Laid back
Nice and helpful staff
AC worked well
Ok beds
Fresh towels, water and coffee on request
Nice shower and lots of hot water
Swimmingpool quite big, saltwater

Negative:
The grounds look dated
Room a bit dark and dated as well
Ants in the bathroom
Bathroom could do with an upgrade, towelrack almost fell off the wall etc.
Uncharming breakfast area
Breakfast could be better, semi buffe. Hot food had to be ordered.

What we really did not like was the caged apes on the property and the little dog that sometimes was let lose who jumped on us and barked. Kids where really scared. We would not stay at this hotel again

Room Tip: Better view from the upper room.
Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed October 17, 2017 via mobile

I had a great stay at this resort. The host at the front desk is one of the nicest guys I’ve met in Laos. He was very helpful and accommodating. We arrived at 1am and he was at the front desk waiting to check us in.

The included breakfast is budget but satisfying (don’t look for anything upscale). The rooms are clean and AC works well. We even took a refreshing dip in the pool after a long day of kayaking. The garden view is very relaxing and serene, so I highly recommend a balcony room.

The entrance from the main road is kind of a long alleyway so walking back late night might feel weird but the hotel is safe. I would recommend this as a budget friendly option for a comfy stay in Vang Vieng.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2017

The hotel is located off the main highway away from the noise of late night party goers in the city center. The city center is only a 6-8 minute walk away making it easily accessible.

The rooms are large, the beds are comfortable and the cable TV has a couple of English speaking channels including CNN. The staff is very helpful and the buffet/menu breakfast is good. A selection of fruits, toast, baguettes, coffee, juice and eggs cooked to order are a good start to the day. And of course, there's the pool!!

One feature I don't see mentioned in the reviews is that this hotel is very close to the IL Tavolo Italian restaurant. Do not miss this restaurant!! The italian food and pizza is incredible!

We had the impression that this hotel was under new management. There were many people working on improvements and cleaning. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gene S
Reviewed September 2, 2017 via mobile

Best resort stay in Vang Vieng , room very clean, resort quiet and charming, staff helpful and so kind. Location just 5 minutes walk to the town. And they have swimming pool bonus. Would recommend this resort!

Stayed: September 2017