“More than what I expect for. ”
Review of Khampaseuth Hotel

and 1 more site!
Khampaseuth Hotel
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Vang Vieng
Reviewed 2 March 2017 via mobile

Me and my friends stayed here for 3D/2N and I can say I was very impressed. We had 2 rooms with large beds. I mean for the price that I paid for I wasn't expecting that's it's gonna be more than what I expect for.

Khampaseuth hotel is located outside the city center. Approximately 2kms away. The hotel lets you use their bike for free which is great so you can go roam around. And no need to pay or rent a tuktuk , as the other hotels have their bikes rented.
The room also includes breakfast, buffet style. From 7-9am.
And they clean our room everyday! We have fresh towels and bedsheets and pillow covers smelling good whenever we arrive back at the hotel. They also refilled the water, coffee and toiletries everyday too!

Though the hotel is old, you can still see its glory back from the old days. A few renovations I think will do the trick. Our room have sockets which are not working, the lamp too is not working and some cables covered with electric tape. I find it a little dangerous. The staff are all locals with little English, but they try to assist us to the best of their ability.

The hotel doesn't arrange package tours but you can always go to the city center and look for something to do. Or you can go to an agency which we did. Well, the hotel can actually arrange Kayak and River tubing ONLY.

All in all, I can say I'm very satisfied with their service and the hotel.

Just bring mosquito repellant as there's a lot of mosquito everywhere.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

Firstly, maybe they have changed their prices, because we thought it was really reasonable including breakfast, considering the rip off some of the central hotels are. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was big and clean. The shower was cold, but it was so hot we weren't too bothered. There are plenty of bikes to borrow to cycle to the centre - it takes less than 5 minutes. But they could do with a puncture repair kit! It was quiet at night, and we slept well. We enjoyed our stay and would use this place again.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jenn C
Reviewed 23 February 2016 via mobile

Slightly over priced for what you get. Really liked the free bikes, as its out of town and a bit far to walk in the heat.
We found it very noisy with other guests. Also where our room was situated on the ground floor, was where motorbikes parked and revved their engines early and late. Breakfast is very average, and we believe gave us both a saw stomach. The shower drain in our room absolutely stunk, so it was quick showers and door closed at all times.
Staff are nice but English very limited. This place has potential but needs guidance. We stayed for 5 nights all together so got a good feel for the place. Wouldn't stay again.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2016

Ended up in Vang Vieng for new year holidays with group of friends, we tried booking this hotel a few days before, but couldn't get rooms for the first night, still booked two remaining night & was good for small town like this. However our group of friends hardly stayed in room.

Has got all basic amenities in the room, Nice Location, Free Parking, Free WiFi, Free Bicycle (very local type), free Breakfast. Even this was busy period for them and I requested to made “khatom” without any meat or meat water.. the staff did it with smile.

As very common almost everywhere in Laos this hotel got the potential to be much more better. Then what is stopping … the lack of proper staff (2) the management/owner .

There were stuff lying inside hotel unattended, unorganized. As being worked as a Manager for the hotel in Vientiane I can easily point out things could be different.
I wish them good luck.. This will continue in Laos for few more years until business will be more competitive..

Room Tip: 2nd floor, front side
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank BHAVIN P
Reviewed 7 January 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights then moved to a guest house in town.
Location of the hotel is a good 10 minute walk from town. The walk at night is not great, there is no street lighting or pavement.
On booking it said credit cards were accepted. They weren't and had to pay cash.
Receptionist did not have a good level of English though was polite. It was only on day 2 when I learned that bikes were free of charge to borrow.
Room was a good size with fridge, bottled water, kettle and aircon. However only 1 of the 4 lights worked so it was dingy. They did provide 2 lamps. The tv and digital box did not pick up any channels. The wiring for plugs and sockets did not seem overly safe.
The wi fi did not work in any area of the hotel.
The bathroom (wet room) though clean had a terrible smell coming from the drain. The shower did not get hot.
Breakfast was included. However there was no choice. You were given eggs, ham and a baguette.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 September 2015

We stayed at this hotel for our entire stay in Vang Vieng. Yes it is a bit of a walk outside of the main nightlife but that's what made it special. It was almost as if we had the whole hotel to ourselves.

The room was huge with a balcony, hot shower, TV with satellite and aircon. Breakfast was included with our stay.

Every morning we awoke to the most breathtaking view of the mountains. The bed was incredibly comfortable too.

Although it is a little outside of town it was nice to be away from the partygoers who returned from tubing every night. The walk from the hotel ad back was pleasant enough.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dustinho
Reviewed 28 November 2012

We went to Van Vieng to check out the caves with my family. We befriended a local at a riverside restaurant and he had recommended we stay here because his friend manages the place. He was able to get us all awesome rates.. It was so wierd. My aunt hit the lottery by choosing the 3 numbers from her room number where she stayed in.

Other than. The hotel staff are very nice and courteous, Clean room with AC, warm showers, TV and Free breakfast/Coffee in the morning and Free Wifi. I would definitely stay here again, I'm glad we gave them a chance.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family