See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 8, 2015

The place is pretty old. if you are travelling in shoe-string budget,you can consider this place. just don't the filthy reception area that smells like dog's ( i am not exaggerating but this is really true) and the not-so-accommodating staff. We asked them if we can take a shower or stay for short time and they let us pay through the nose for such small room. Will never stay in this place again. never!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Loise P
Reviewed November 16, 2014

PHP400 per night for a spacious room, good deal if you are a backpacker at heart and really don't mind what the room looks like...

But let me describe the room:
1. Wider than you expected..Like a public classroom, without the chairs of course.
2. The toilet is also wide...Like a classrooms toilet...The tiles are also cheap..
3. The ambiance is like that of a haunted school, with corridors like that of a school...

I can actually remember my schooldays with Texicano Hotel...My wife had a nightmare one night..probably too much imagination..

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank rpantoni
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I went straight to the Reception Area and asked for a fan room that has a bathroom. When I got inside the room, well, the place was good enough, the floor was smooth and the CR was satisfactory. And this is the place where I spent my first night in Laoag City, for 410 pesos per night. And on the next day, honestly, I have OCD, whenever I leave a hotel I check everywhere, the wardrobe, chest of drawers – even if I haven’t used them, and when I looked under the bed, surprisingly, I found two used condom wrappers. I just smiled. Well, I was not guilty because those were not mine. But clearly the cleaning staff left something to be desired.

Room Tip: Choose the New Building.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Fl0ng
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Texicano hotel is just a backpackers place, no more no less. Do not expect anything except for the bare necessities -- a bed, electric fan, table, chair and a filthy old bathroom. No building maintenance, no customer service at all, so definitely no repeat business. We reserved two double-bed rooms and the receptionist said only one is available even though we already made reservations 3 days prior. The other room she gave is a single-bed room even though its pretty obvious 2 people won't fit in. Sadly, common sense is not so common nowadays. A mediocre customer service would have at least compensated the filthiness of the place but the management just gives their customers a reason to never come back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Portia A
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

We didn't stay at this place in the end despite being moved three times, to three different rooms.

To put things short: Texicano is filthy. All the amenities (especially bathrooms) have prison-cell standard (smell, rust, dirt, spiderwebs - you name it). Still, at 470 PHP (double room with bathroom) we wouldn't expect much more. What they don't tell you though, is that you get one more extra as standard: 5-6 cm cockroaches roaming the rooms.

When we complained about it for the first time, they offered us another room (with just one single bed, nothing like 'we're sorry' or a discount: 'no matter how many beds there are, our rates are per person') and called a staff to 'spray the room'. But then the situation repeated (roaches all over). We asked to be moved to another building with rooms three times as expensive as the one we booked. Obviously no 'sorry' again or discount. I asked the receptionist if the room is going to be clean and bug-free but when she said 'I cannot guarantee that' we knew it was time to say goodbye.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple