See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed November 11, 2015 via mobile

The rooms are huge. Almost like a classroom. It's very old even in the new building the room dont get cold that much. You get what you pay for. The receptionist are not that friendly though the guard on shift is great. You can request for a hot water during the morning for your coffee.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2015 via mobile

It did accommodate 20 exhausted people as walk ins... I was not expecting too much. The only wrinkle that needed to be straightened out is the training and attitude of the guy in the restaurant. A certain Tony Amayun, who does not have any respect for customers and senior citizens visiting their facility. The way he talked and belittled my 82 yr old mother while I went to the desk to straighten out some deal about their included breakfast in the accommodation. My mother was humiliated as this ignorant guy screamed at her and commanded her to sit down in a corner because she does not have a meal stub. Mr. Amayun knew that I was getting the stubs needed and yet he deliberately talked down on his customers... With or without those meal stubs, a customer can order food and be presented with a bill. There was no need for hostilities. Even when the meal stubs were presented to him, he still had trouble accepting that he needed to entertain our food orders. It was like he was a General trying to guard his precious cargo.
It was a real disappointing moment, and had destroyed the mood for the day for the whole group. The portions of the food served did not coincide with the price tag. The next meal I had was at Fort Ilocandia with the same price of whole chicken except that at Texicano, their chicken was as big as a pigeon. We came across this place from the recommendation of a tour guide Cris Cruz from Bantay Bell tower. I would not recommend eating at their restaurant... The rooms were good enough for a short stay and only when options are low and you are too exhausted to find other accommodations.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2015

As part of our tour package, we were booked at texicano hotel. Location-wise it is good as it is within the city proper. Hotel grounds are okay for company-related team building activities. We were also able to play half court basketball during our free time. Room however took a while to be cold at comfortable level. Sleep quality is okay given that we were tired. However, the pillow and other bed stuffs appear to be lacking. Comfort room looks old but still ok at the very most. TV set was small and we did not use it anyway.

Overall, nothing spectacular but I am glad we were able to fully utilize the hotel grounds for our activities.

Room Tip: Choose to be assigned in the new building
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed June 8, 2015

The place is pretty old. if you are travelling in shoe-string budget,you can consider this place. just don't the filthy reception area that smells like dog's ( i am not exaggerating but this is really true) and the not-so-accommodating staff. We asked them if we can take a shower or stay for short time and they let us pay through the nose for such small room. Will never stay in this place again. never!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Loise P
Reviewed November 16, 2014

PHP400 per night for a spacious room, good deal if you are a backpacker at heart and really don't mind what the room looks like...

But let me describe the room:
1. Wider than you expected..Like a public classroom, without the chairs of course.
2. The toilet is also wide...Like a classrooms toilet...The tiles are also cheap..
3. The ambiance is like that of a haunted school, with corridors like that of a school...

I can actually remember my schooldays with Texicano Hotel...My wife had a nightmare one night..probably too much imagination..

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple