Weligama Bay Marriott Resort & Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Surfer(Weligama)
US$39
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsexecutive chefchef sandeepweligama bayhead chefbig fishtides barkids clubpool barf b managersri lankaall day dining restaurantfront desk managerquan spabreakfast buffetkitchen restaurantwarm hospitalityguest services
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have stayed at several hotels during this trip. Weligama Bay Marriott Resort & Spa is the one with the best view. Unfortunately their buffet spread are not as good as their view.

The dinning area was uncomfortably restricted.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
EltonHGM, General Manager at Weligama Bay Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank for taking your time to write a review on Trip Advisor. At Weligama Bay Marriott Resort & Spa we constantly thrive to work towards hosting our guests to a seamless experience and we welcome suggestions or recommendations that could help in improvising our services. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience that was caused to you during your stay. We take immediate action on this matter and noted all your concerns. My team remembers you very fondly; and we look forward to your return. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to the Weligama Bay Marriott Resort & Spa.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I want to mention a good job Thiwanka.
The room was always cleaned. Staff is very friendly and everywhere was staffed. I enjoyed the stay and relaxex well with this destination. Thank you for the service that you gave us.
Galina

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Игорь П

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to hear back from you based on your recent stay at Weligama Bay Marriott Resort and Spa. We thank you for your brilliant feedback and acknowledging our associate Thbiwanka. It’s my pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed our hospitality as a valued guest. Thank you for being so generous and recommending our hotel on TripAdvisor®.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a wonderful stay, i was there with my wife and daughter. Hotel is situated in weligama bay with excellent ocean view. I stayed for two nights which was not enough, wish to stay one more time for a longer period.Staffs especially weligama kitchen and tide bar was friendly.I did not have the chance to meet the General Manager.Room service was good,
Only disappointment is housekeeping person entering the room when the guest is inside without buzzing.

Room Tip: All rooms are ocean view rooms
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure meeting you at the hotel and I remember you very well. We try to take care of each and every guest with extreme focus to making their stay memorable.

Thank you for being so generous and recommending our hotel on TripAdvisor®. My team joins me in passing their regards to you. We look forward to seeing you soon on your next visit to the hotel only to delight you with an experience to cherish from.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

one of the best stays I 've had with my family . was so hàppy with the service. rooms were so spacious ànd clean.from the time we arrived we were very well taken care of .very efficient service
pool area was so relaxing and the service was great
very attentive . nice place to unwind and relax . also to surf .
food was good although too much of curry stuff was the only minus point . I will def visit àgain and recommend as the most beautiful and relaxing place to visit .

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Weligama Bay Marriott Resort & Spa!

We are happy to hear back from you based on your recent visit to the hotel.

Your kind words towards the hotel, the services and the customer friendly experience that you enjoyed during your stay is much appreciated. Thank you for being so generous and recommending our hotel on TripAdvisor®. My team joins me in passing their regards to you.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The hotel is just fabulous.. .all the rooms have a sea view

Being a Marriot Elite Gold the front office manager Suraj met us at check in and was kind enough to upgrade us to the suite as we were with my 11 year old daughter.

The view of the sea is breathtaking

The sea is ideal for learning to surf and we all tried our hand at it.

We went whale watching and saw a few whales...dolphins and the hotel themselves offered to pack breakfast ..which again was a very kind and thoughtful gesture...

The Chef Sandeep Pandey was very interactive...making sure he came to us each meal.. we were a group of 12...

The Easter lunch was delicious
We are eggitarian ..and my favourites were the hopper and Srilankan Omlette, the Vietnamese broth as a soup.. the pizza...

The food accomodation etc everything was value for money and one felt very happy with the whole experience.

The beach is like 50m from the pool...nowhere have I seen it so close and the waves are there ..perfect t for sea bathing but not a strong current to feel unsafe nor big tides...

At the end of 3 days , I wish the hotel would have more dining VENUE options

On an overall basis I'm looking forward to coming back again

Kudos to all the staff and hotel who made our trip memorable

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank MrYASH

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Weligama Bay Marriott Resort & Spa! We are happy to hear back from you based on your recent visit to the hotel. Your kind words towards the hotel, the services and the customer friendly experience that you enjoyed during your stay is much appreciated. We thank you for recognizing Chef Sandeep and Suraj for their outstanding service.