All reviews fishing boats resident manager mr whale watching chinese tourists scenic view blue water nice sea yummy food room facilities average service relaxed holiday the hotel staff clean towels buffet style large hotel checking in indian ocean
Reviewed April 1, 2018

Rooms were very good condition and lovely staff... we enjoyed the food very much.Nice variety to choose from.Food was delicious.. we can able to quick check-in to our sea view rooms and they know how to handle the customers well.. So I can recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay and enjoy...

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for one night on a two week tour of Sri Lanka. We found it a mixed experience.

PROS
Lovely view of the fisherman’s bay, beautiful gardens, good size and clean rooms with TVs with English channels

CONS
Shabby decor throughout, pool had a hose with tepid water running in and out
Restaurant - the service was incredibly bad at dinner. We had to really press for a la Carte as they kept trying to make us have an expensive buffet. When we finally got menus and ordered, the food was expensive and one of our meals didn’t arrive so we ended up cancelling it.
Worse of all, there is a local disco at the nearby fisherman’s bay at weekends and we were kept awake by pounding base.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank lifeisasongsingalong
Reviewed March 30, 2018

Perfect place to be in south coast. we were staying very nice week with good staff. The food was really good and tasty. I wanted especially to thank staff warm welcome we received but also all the information that could bring us very professionalism and listening to the customer.
Thank you for all.
I highly recommend this place to everybody.

Room Tip: Nice view on beach
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tharangaruksh
Reviewed March 28, 2018

Do you want to pay USD 100 to spend the night with cockroaches? If not, this is not the place for you. The food is also terrible. Old stale food and tasteless preparation. It made my stomach sick all night.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Management_CFH, Resident Manager at Fisherman's Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2018

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your comments on your recent stay with us .

We do regret the inconvenience caused during your stay with us .I do assure you that we always strive to maintain the highest level of standards .Your constructive feedback is highly appreciated and we have investigated on all areas mentioned by you and corrective measures have been taken.

Thank you for taking time to write to us and we certainly hope to have you with us once again.

Wohara Dissanayake.

Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

The place had a breath taking view. As soon as we entered we noticed the comfort and the warm welcome by then staff.. The room I started was amazing for the price I payed.. I did not eat much from the hotel as I was out most of the time I managed to grab some fried rice and chicken and it was pretty good. So I assume the food is also great at this place.. The staff was very helpful and very friendly.. Beautiful pool to relax and very close to the surf point... Highly recommend... But I don't recommend going to the beach for a dip as I don't think the water of the sea is clean.. So if you are planing to take a dip in the Sea please go to the surf point... Very relaxing and an amazing place.. I enjoyed a lot.. Thank you fisherman's bay

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor .

We are extremely pleased to know that you had an excellent and enjoyable stay with us. I would also like to thank you for your very kind words in relation to the resort and its facilities & services .We are also happy to note that you enjoyed the holiday experience.We have also taken note of your recommendations for our betterment.

We look forward to have you with us once more .

Wohara Dissanayake