All reviews hot water the owner sri lanka monkeys beach
Reviewed February 6, 2018

Horizon inn
Really nice location aside from the Weligamas busy beach and noisy road With small and most of the time empty beach in 3 minuets by walk. Recommend to rent a bike for comfortable transportation to the city or you can always ask the host for the tuktuk.

Air conditioned room was big enough for comfortable living of a couple. There was large bed, good working fridge, wooden table and two chairs. Big really clean and fresh looking bathroom with big mirror, nice toilet and the shover with hot water (warmed up by solar power, need around 3 min to make it hot).
Hotels territory isn’t big but really cozy and is surrounded by palms and trees. There is open dining space on the second floor with pleasant view that will make your breakfast special. Sometimes monkeys families and squirrels appear on closest trees.

But the main advantage is the host and the owner Seya. She personally controls everything that happens in the hotel, helping and listening to guests requests. You can always discuss content and breakfast time, ask where to buy something or where to go for local sightseeing, arrange a transport, etc. Very welcoming atmosphere, at a time I started to feel like I’m at home of my grandparents in the country.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank timtechtim
Liyanthi, Owner at Horizon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2018

Dear Tim,

Thank you very much for your comments.I really appreciated and it is a great pleasure to be a host for you and your girlfriend.I hope you will visit us again.

Kind regards,

Seya

Reviewed September 14, 2017

We had a super nice and perfect time in the Horizon Inn. Seya is very friendly and hospitality and her staff did a great job. The rooms are extra clean, super silent and beautiful. The garden is full of wild animals, as you can watch the monkeys and birds right next to you. She made super breakfast and delicious dinner for us. So it's a perfect place to spent some time at the beach and to relax! We will definitely recommend it.
Liisa&Matty Germany

Room tip: All rooms are great.
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Liyanthi, Owner at Horizon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2017

Thank you, Liisa & Matty for your comments. We are delighted to host you all and hopefully see you again. All the best for your future. Seya

Reviewed August 26, 2017 via mobile

I was looking for a quiet place to stay for a little surf trip. I chose Horizon because of the great reviews and it didn't disappoint at all! A little gem in Weligama. Horizon is located centrally and is very close but quiet escape from the beach strip

The food was lovely and I ate like a king. Some of the most delicious Fresh seafood and vegetable curries I have ever had. There are colorful birds and even a family of monkeys that go about their business in the trees and you can watch them while you are eating in the open dining area. The coffee was great and there's even a little cafe area image out of fragrant cinnamon wood.

The staff are the greatest asset here and the most friendly I have ever met. Seya and her husband do everything to make your stay comfortable. They are very well connected with local attractions and can help you plan if you need it.

I have to say I enjoyed the tuk tuk rides. Daminda is the driver and he really helped make the trip special. He knew exactly where anything was. He drove safely and spoke English very well. He always arrived a bit early for my planned activities and was flexible to a change in plans if I needed it.

I'd go back again for sure.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Liyanthi, Owner at Horizon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2017

Thank you very much, Scott. I really happy to be a host for you. We, The Horizon in family prepare to welcome again you and your family to our place .

Reviewed March 12, 2017 via mobile

This is a very simple hotel in Weligama but the staff here made this place one of our favourites. Seya, the hotel owner, goes above and beyond to make sure your stay is comfortable and that every need is attended to. Her home cooking is amazing!! Sarath works at the hotel and drives you anywhere you need in his tuk tuk. He's got a great sense of humour and is very kind - We enjoyed our day trips with him a lot. We were sad to leave this little place as it felt like a home away from home. Definitely recommend.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2017 via mobile

We arrived here as we were running away from the dirtiest hotel we've ever seen in our life. What a surprise! The rooms are very clean and situated in a building with a garden. Seya, the owner, is a very very kind person and we had a really beautiful chat in the evening. She also gave me the possibility to see how she cooked the dinner, which has been really delicious! (Not to mention that she only uses natural and very fresh ingredients). Try her mango curry, you will love it!!!
The building is situated just three minutes away from a small but beautiful beach where if you are lucky you can also see the fishermen. The bus stop is 5-7 minutes walking away.
Recommended!!!