“Love Carl. But the place has no vibe anymore.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Little Corn Island
Carlito's Sunrise Paradise
CA
“Love Carl. But the place has no vibe anymore.”
Reviewed 12 January 2012

It is close to a good deal. The cabins are very basic and a bit overpriced in high season. But hey, not too badly. The main thing that disappoints me these days is that the vibe this place used to have is gone. The beach area near the cabins is pretty much empty, and at night everything is totally dead. Used to be a nice place to hang. The food is average at best, and overpriced, though I do like the fried chicken now and again. Carl and the staff are super nice and friendly. Very trustworthy. Wish I could give a 3 1/2 star rating. But it's just not a 4 star place in my book.

Room Tip: Ask for front row, unless it's stormy, then you may want to stay behind the front row cabins.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
So.NH
Reviewed 28 September 2011

Carlitos is not for everyone, but just about perfect for the intrepid traveler (but that could be said for all of Little Corn.) Yes, it's next door to Graces and Elsas, which are cheaper, but also much louder and trashier, as that's where the Euro kids stay. And Carl and his son are great, laid back hosts. There's always cold beer in the cooler, and the beach out front is almost perfect, our bed was firm and comfortable. That said, it is pretty bare bones. Tiny (and not so tiny) lizards roam the walls of your cabin. There are holes in the walls and floor. The bathrooms are, well... they mostly work is about all I can say (water from the sink and shower drains directly outside into the sand. The toilet drains... elsewhere.) The cabins furthest away from Graces and Elsas are best, due to the sometimes late night noise that comes from that side. So come and enjoy Carlitos and this hypnotic island. But don't expect anything resembling high end amenities

Room Tip: Cabins away from Graces
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mswales
Reviewed 1 August 2011

My brother and I were booked to stay on Little Corn for a few days but extended our stay to a week because we loved it so much. If we had more time we would have stayed longer! Little Corn is an enchanting and beautiful island with lovely people, beautiful beaches and a laid back Caribbean atmosphere. We loved Carlito's Place. It was nice to visit other places on LC and come back to the tranquility ans peace and quiet of CP. The accommodation is simple but comfortable and our cabin was right on the beach with a sunrise view everyday and a constant cool breeze making the heat much more bearable. The beach in front of Carlito's is the best on the side of the island and the seaweed is raked every morning keeping it clean. Snorkeling is a must do. It was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.

We could not speak more highly about the food and service we received during our stay. The lobster is fresh everyday and the fish was cooked to perfection. The staff were always friendly and attentive and Carl's son Carlos was particularly helpful.

If you want simple, relaxing accommodation with excellent food and service, stay here. Despite the bad weather during our stay we had the moat wonderful time. I will definitely be visiting again.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank Fimac85
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 17 July 2011

I had high hopes for this place. I really did. It seemed great in the reviews, and Carlito could have been a great person.

I paid $25 for a solo cabin with a private bathroom. You can go next door to Grace's and get a single room for $8. I think Elsa's even has bungalows for $10. The bathroom wasn't worth $15.

To be fair, the location was good. My cabin was just a few hops from the water. The bed and mosquito net were good. The bathroom worked well. I never got wet in there. The place did not initially have a hammock. I had to ask for ropes to hang my own.

There was an ant problem, but I hear that is not uncommon on the island. When I spoke to Carlito's son about it, he promised to look into it but never did. I'm unhappy about that. He also promised to look into the latch on the inside of the door and never did.

Take the snorkel trip with Captain Peter and the guide named David. SHARKS!

The restaurant was not open when I was there, so I can't speak to the food.

I was met at the panga by a young man with my name on a sign. He carried my luggage for me and was very nice. This young man also groomed the grounds each morning.

Room Tip: See if you can talk the price down a bit.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank afowles
Lander, WY
Reviewed 27 April 2011

There was some confusion on the day we were to arrive so we had a very small cabin at first that had no view -- but right away Carlito arranged for us to stay in one of the new cabins on the far edge of the property and it was perfect for a family of four. Two bedrooms, kitchenette, bathroom and front room. Carlito is a great cook and he is super nice. He is local so we liked the idea of supporting him. The beach here is really pretty. Easy to walk to Casa Iguana for happy hour, too, or for their great breakfasts.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank WyoBlueSkies
Sexsmith, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 28 March 2011

Carlito answered our e-mail promptly. Arranged to have us met at the dock with a personable young man with a wheelbarrow for our luggage. He lead us on the path across the island while transporting our luggage. What an adventure to be somewhere in today's world with no motorized vehicles. The cabin on the beach was very adequate with private bathroom. It had a deck with enough room for chairs and a hammock. Carlito is very friendly and attends to your needs well. His restaurant was good food at reasonable prices. Great spagetti & shrimp as well as super lobster in season. Our 10-day stay was very pleasant although some days were somewhat windy buy you just had a 15 min. walk to the other side of the island for calmer conditions. Internet was good on the village side of the island. For us the east side of the island had wonderful ambience.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Walt36
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 26 February 2011

Four of us stayed in Carlito's "house" on the beach. We had a wonderful 19 days there enjoying the beach and the ability to do our own cooking. We also had some wonderful meals in Carlito's restaurant. Snorkelling with Peter who has his boat parked right in front of Carlito's Place is a must.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends