“Wonderful day - wear a t-shirt when snorkeling!”

Erin Go Bragh Sailing & Snorkeling Charters
Ranked #3 of 56 Tours in Fajardo
More attraction details
Owner description: Erin Go Bragh Sailing and Snorkeling charters offer fun, relaxing and personalized day trips, and dinner cruises for small groups to the off-shore islands of eastern Puerto Rico and beyond since 1990. We set sail from Puerto Del Rey Marina in Fajardo about 35 miles east of San Juan, PR.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 29 February 2012

My boyfriend and I spent a wonderful day snorkeling and relaxing on the Erin Go Bragh with Ingrid and Captain Dan. We went based on recommendations here. You'll be gone all day, so prepare for that. It's a really lovely day with delicious, homemade food (though if you don't like cilantro you should tell them ahead of time- it's in several things they serve). We got to relax, chat, read. Really great.

There were 6 adults and one child on board besides Ingrid and Dan. This was a comfortable amount. We took dramamine with breakfast and had no problems with motion sickness, though someone else on our trip did.

We got to sail to Icacos, a tiny and beautiful island with reefs all around it. If you can get Dan to bring your shoes to the island, I would. The rocks were hard to walk on.The snorkeling was very pleasant- the water was colder than I expected, but tolerable. The sea life was nice, but not the best (I've been to Hawaii and the Galapagos). I certainly still enjoyed it.

My number one recommendation would be to wear a t-shirt and shorts while snorkeling to prevent sunburn. Ingrid suggested it once, but I wish she had been more emphatic. My boyfriend and I put on SPF 50 waterproof sunscreen before both snorkels and it made not a bit of difference. Our backs (and my butt) got burnt to a crisp - worse than either of us had been burned in years! I also got some blisters with the flippers, which I've never had happen before. I should have put a bandaid on prior to the second snorkel.

All in all, I enjoyed the day very much and would consider using them again as an overnight charter to Vieques if I go back to Puerto Rico.

There are newer reviews for Erin Go Bragh Sailing & Snorkeling Charters

Reviewed 28 February 2012

What a great way to be lazy; sailing on the sea with Captain Dan. Our family of four, two adults and two teenagers, had the best day excursion. Captain Dan and Mary were attentive to our every need. Captain Dan shared his sailing experience and taught my son some sailing tips. The food was fabulous, the conversation delightful and the entire experience wonderful. I would HIGHLY recommend this day trip for everyone. We will definitely do it on our next visit to Puerto Rico.

1  Thank SandraCollins
Reviewed 25 February 2012

My family had a great day of sailing and snorkeling. Ingrid and Captain Dan made us feel comfortable and welcome. The lunch was awesome and the rum punch refreshing. Would take the trip again!

2  Thank Missy W
Reviewed 23 February 2012

We recently went sailing with Ingrid and Capt. Keith and it was the highlight of a vacation that started off somewhat rocky. Even before getting to the boat Ingrid was responsive to our meal requests (grilled veggies) and detailed in the directions she provided us to the marina. Once we arrived at the boat we were greeted with enthusiasm and I just knew we were among "good people." The sailing and snorkeling was fantastic! The food and drinks were perfectly timed (each time we snorkeled we climbed back into the boat to a great meal). The conversation was great too. Having only 6 people on the boat makes this experience wonderful. Thank you Ingrid!!! Sarah and Chris Jones

2  Thank sewj
Reviewed 19 February 2012

we had really high expectations for that one - and let me tell you, we were NOT disappointed.

we arrived @ puerto del rey marina and were taken to the boat with a golf cart right away. ingrid, cpt dan made us feel very welcome right from the start.

we had aquick security brief and then took of to the caribbean see.

ingrid offered drinks for everyone right from the start...you can get sodas, beer, cocktails - and there's always more if you want more.

after about 45 min of sailing we arrived at icacos island and anchored about 30 metres off-shore. cpt dan handed out the snorkel gear and some bread to feed the fishes and told us where to swim best. he also put tooth-paste on all the diving masks which prevents them from fogging up. we had about 1 hour of completely free and unguided snorkel time in CARIBBEAN PARADISE. the water was clear, there were insane amounts of fish (we even saw a barracuda very close-up) and we also swam to the shore and relaxed for a while on the beach anf the rocks.

meanwhile ingrid prepared what should turn out to be the best food we had during our stay in puerto rico...we returned to the boat, showered off the sea-water (they have a hose with freshwater), got another beer and sat around the table while cpt dan was putting the finishing touches on the BBQ.

we then had grilled ribs&chicken, rice, delicous salad and bread - onboard a 40foot sailboat right in the middle of the ocean - a VERY magic experience.

after lunch we headed to another snorkel area which was located more in the open sea and again were able to swim around for 1 hour without any restrictions or whatsoever.

it was the finally time to head home towards fajardo...we cruised for aboout one hour, had drinks, talked to each another and just enjoyed the sun and the whole vibe.

if you go to puerto rico, book the erin go bragh. the whole experience is really worth the 100$/person. everybody's so relaxed on board, you get whatever you want and it's the small things like the water hose and the toothpaste that make the whole thing so special.

furthermore ingrid is such a friendly, honest and intelligent person that it's a real pleasure having her as a host.

W E H I G H L Y R E C O M M E N D ! ! !

3  Thank Flo W