“Average, still”

Cuisines: South American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 8, 2015

Since my last visit (and review), it is not expected great changes,
however, like these busy places, sometime things go better, sometimes worse
Today I have to say that I got satisfied. I ate a sole fish, supposed to be just grilled, but actually was "a dorē", grilled with some four skin
However it was not that bad, I kind of enjoy.
Service was good, price like usual.
This was at Siñeriz free shop branch, which is usually their best branch

Date of visit: February 2015

Reviewed October 12, 2014

They have (as far as I know) two locations, one in the city and one in Siñeriz Shoping Center.
In the city I tried a terrible pizza. Well, lets say this is kind of Uruguayan way to make pizza. Even though, terrible.
At Siñeriz shopping I tried pizza again (I'm stubborn). It was bad, but still eatable.
A second time at this restaurant I tried AGAIN (how stubborn I am) their pizza, and ... I find it OK. I think the change was cook had more time to prepare it and cooked the foamy pasta better, so I did not feel the yeast taste as before.

Date of visit: September 2014
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

I used to eat frequently at La Leña and, my fault, used to order kind of parrillada. OK, when you are a outsider on parrilladas you'll always be served a huge plate with mixed meats on a supposed to have coal base. But in a question of minutes meat is cold and fat is solid. Your liver won't thank you for that.
Well, La Leña stands in a nice place, has a sympathetic "decoration" and people is friendly.
If your liver bears the parrillada, I would recomend

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Maybe it wasn't the right time of the day, but if they are open they should work friendly, or not? Dirty cloths, greasy food.

Date of visit: December 2013
1  Thank mistereletronic
Reviewed April 19, 2013

La Lena offers a typical Uruguayan menu in a most unusual location. It's on a street that marks the open international border between Uruguay and Brazil in the sister cities of Rivera, Uruguay, and Santana do Livramento, Brazil. Walk a few steps across the street from the restaurant and you can stand with one foot in Uruguay and the other in Brazil. Come on a Saturday morning and you can join the bustle of shoppers who arrive by the bus load from nearby Brazilian towns to find duty-free bargains in the streets of Rivera. Our meal here consisted of a huge salad and a delicious potato omelette - torta de patates, but most people were having the grilled beef and pork from the parilla (bbq grill) that Uruguay is famous for. Locals that we talked to recommended La Lena as the best parilla in town; we certainly enjoyed the vegetarian offerings!! Service was fast and polite. The premises were clean and tidy.

Date of visit: April 2013