“Anniversary dinner”
Review of The Rhum-Ba

The Rhum-Ba
Price range: US$5 - US$19
Description: The newest edition to the Fiji restaurant scene, The Rhum-Ba at Denarau Yacht Club is open to the public for lunch and dinner. An extensive menu using high quality local ingredients under the supervision of our Executive Chef, Henry Selmann. Open every day from 11am till late.
Reviewed April 17, 2016 via mobile

Had a great time at this restaurant. Classy with excellent food, staff and service. Margarita packs quite a punch and the chicken dish that I ordered was very tasty and satisfying. The place is well worth the money. Highly recommended.

Reviewed April 16, 2016 via mobile

A must do!!! Beautifully renovated, great location, fantastic food and very friendly staff. We enjoyed the seafood platter for 2 and it was delicious. Will return every time we're in Fiji.

Reviewed April 16, 2016

Once we discovered this place on our week long holiday at Port D, we just kept coming back as often as we could. Really good drinks and food menu including a great happy hour selection. Kids meals were good quality as presented as nicely as adult meals.
Stand out meals were the seafood platter (great variety and super fresh + good size), squid ink pasta - a m a z I n g!!!, cold cuts platter for 2 (can't remember proper name) this was super delilicious, every single item was demolished and every last bit of pate was scraped away.
We so badly wanted to try the whole snapper but was sold out the two times we tried to order.
Favourite cocktail was the coconut rum that is served in a coconut

The place has a stunning fit out - loved the hull shaped bar with lapping waves painted on (wish I got a photo), stylish and contemporary, new, clean ( love obviously clean places) and well maintained. Loved being able to see into the kitchen for a bit of drama.
Great vibe, cool music, great views out to marina and mountains far beyond. It was easy to want to spend time here.
Prices were fair for what you got, during happy hour prices made this place good deal.
Lovely friendly staff, happy to have a chat and hold the kiddies for a cuddle which was adorable. Very kid friendly with clean safe high chairs and pencils and paper to keep kids busy. On a negative point..... How did the designers and owners forget a nappy change station at a new venue? I also can't remember if the toilets are wheelchair friendly - I hope so.
Special mention goes to Sheetal who worked most days / nights we visited. She was professional, friendly and always had a lovely smile on her face. It was nice to be remembered on return visits too.
Highly recommend this place and don't leave your first time to the end of your stay as you are highly likely to want to revisit

Reviewed April 15, 2016 via mobile

As always, when in doubt about where to eat in new place, we consulted with Tripadvisor and his place was highly recommended. So we went here.

We were greeted by cheerful maitre'd - had a pleasant cheat-chat and escorted to our table outside with glorious views of moored powerboats and yachts.

Our waiter had appeared as soon as we lift our heads of menus, introduced himself - Ronish, and offered his insightful advise on cocktails and food in general.

We were bemused with some cocktail names - I've chosen 'sex with captain' and my wife chosen 'basil Collins' - both were top notch.

For mains - I had market fish (mahimahi). Great presentation, taste and most delicious tomato based jus.

My wife had a Thai beef salad - who's was delicious, according to her.

Now, I like and know my coffee - I've asked for long black - which is a bit of risk in a new place. It was good!

Accompanied by deconstructed pavlova desert - just wow!

Highly recommend for discerning foodies while traveling to this beautiful destination.

Reviewed April 14, 2016

This Place is quite new.
We saw happy hour and thought to give it a go.
Loved it
Great friendly service and you also get a bowl of Nuts with your Drinks.
We didn't eat there but they even have happy hour Food prices.
The view is amazing and the Place is very clean.