All reviews taxi ride buffet breakfast lounge area ocean view free shuttle duty manager nice pool husk restaurant suva fiji outlook laptop conference fjd pacific nz vinaka
Reviewed May 30, 2018

Unfortunately this was just a business trip hence had no time to look around the sights.
The hotel is rather dated and the rooms simple, but clean and everything in the room worked.
Very nice restaurant/bar/lounge area looking out on to a peaceful bay.
The breakfast and dinners available at the restaurant were of a good selection and quality.
The hotel staff were great, so friendly and helpful.
Would recommend staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: Suggest asking for a room with a view of the bay.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
TimDearsley, General Manager at Novotel Suva Lami Bay, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2018

Bula Ivan C,

Thanks so much for posting your review and for your very encouraging comments.

We are indeed fortunate to have such a beautiful location right beside Lami Bay and I was really pleased to see that you found our staff to be very friendly and helpful.

Perhaps on your next stay you will be able to take in some more of the sights!

Reviewed May 25, 2018

I know its hard to accommodate a large family gathering at the best of times, but when you have nearly 40 guests staying to attend a local wedding ceremony, I would have thought some extra effort would have gone into making sure your hotel was up to standard. Sadly the stay was the only blemish on our family vacation - and in saying that it left a rather negative impression. HOWEVER, the staff who worked there were amazing. I don't blame them for poor facilities, poor management, understaffing as the staff there worked their butts off. They were overworked and by all accounts underpaid. (The average hospitality workers gets NZ $3-7/hour). The menu was beyond disappointing and overpriced. The rooms, smelt and required some attention to detail with broken and underperforming appliances. On our second day there our room still hadn't been service by 3pm. Two cleaning staff to service forty rooms! What was such a promising occasion was let down by inefficient management of the facility. Then when booking out they mixed up my deposit on the three rooms we had, undercharged me and then when my eldest son went to book out of his room a couple of hours he was made to cover the cost. Needless to say we wont be returning there again, so that is a loss of 40+ guests who when we return are likely to look elsewhere.

Room Tip: If you stay here choose a room by the waterfront, the view is amazing.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
TimDearsley, General Manager at Novotel Suva Lami Bay, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2018

Dear Redheaded2,

I apologise that we didn't live up to your expectations during your stay. We do have wonderful staff who are paid above the average wage in Fiji and are hard workers. It is nice to see that they are appreciated. We could not possibly expect 2 housekeeping staff to clean 20 rooms each in a day and still be able to even stand at the end of the day so I am not sure how that could have happened during your stay.

I am sorry that the food wasn't to your liking and we are trying our best to make improvements on a regular basis.

I was pleased to see that despite the mix up with the deposit that all three of your rooms ended up being charged overall the correct amount.

We trust that the wedding was worth coming to Suva for and would love the opportunity to show you in the future that we can provide a good experience.

Reviewed May 15, 2018

Has a very tired look and is not good value for money. At check-out I was required to pay 20% more than the agreed rate when I booked on-line. The staff appeared to be out of their depth when I queried the excess charge.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
TimDearsley, General Manager at Novotel Suva Lami Bay, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2018

Bula robertclax2n,

I am sorry that we didn't satisfy your requirements during your stay. It is difficult for me to comment about payment issues without knowing the details so if you want me to check this please email me directly with the date of stay and booking name so I can investigate further. My email is: gm@novotelsuva.com.fj

We do try to satisfy our guests needs and it is disappointing when we get it wrong.

We trust that you enjoyed the remainder of your visit to Fiji.

Vinaka and regards

Reviewed May 13, 2018 via mobile

we stopped for a coffee nice place to stop, we had two long black coffee it was 14 dollars i suppose thats the price you pay even as a accor member very nice place i think i won’t have coffee here again

Stayed: May 2018
TimDearsley, General Manager at Novotel Suva Lami Bay, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2018

Bula Frans V

Thanks for posting your review and I was pleased to see that you enjoyed it.

Our coffee is good and for espresso coffee we do charge $7. However, we have just introduced a Coffee and a freshly baked muffin for $9.50 so perhaps you could try that next time.

Reviewed May 12, 2018 via mobile

This is my 2nd stay here within 4 months.

Staff at front desk are friendly and helpful, and obliging always. In my last review I noted a few things which I thought could be improved, and I was pleasantly surprised to notice this time that they were greatly improved, if not fixed completely - which is a great indication that management do listen - thank you!

Views are beautiful, room comfortable and lobby is lovely and relaxing to sit in. Exceptional staff are Front Office, also the lady in charge of the breakfast is super friendly and welcoming to everyone - I wIsh I got her name to compliment her directly. She was happy and genuine to all customers all the time. It was nice to see.

The inclusive breakfast was great - my only two exceptions are that breakfast staff should understand the difference between Golden Syrup, Honey and Maple Syrup - all very different tastes (honey on French toast is not that desirable, nor is golden syrup on pancakes but each time I was told it was maple syrup and upon questioning the egg chef, I was told it was golden syrup and honey respectively which I already knew by the taste) and secondly, as an Aussie please consider the virtue of Vegemite (Marmite doesn’t cut it , sorry NZ!).
I would absolutely stay again, and will do so, and happy to recommend Novotel Suva to anyone travelling to Suva.
Taxi into town is easy and only $10fjd each way.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
TimDearsley, General Manager at Novotel Suva Lami Bay, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2018

Bula Jaye S,

Thanks for your awesome and thoughtful review. I will pass your comments on to the team to show them that their efforts are appreciated.

I note your comments about the Maple Syrup and funnily enough I had noticed the same thing (must be my NZ background).
I will check with the chef to see if we can fix this. I will also check out about the Vegemite.

We hope to see you back again soon.