All reviews taxi ride buffet breakfast lounge area ocean view free shuttle duty manager nice pool husk restaurant suva fiji outlook laptop conference fjd pacific nz vinaka
Reviewed June 4, 2018

Excellent and Great stay. Impressed indeed Novotel Suva. Keep up the good work. Stop over from Aussie to go to the island. The staff was great and the food was excellent with reasonable prices. Rooms and beds was just comfortable. Will be back again

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
TimDearsley, General Manager at Novotel Suva Lami Bay, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2018

Bula mataitoga3,

Thanks for posting such a great review. We really appreciate it!

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 2, 2018

I have been a member of Accor for a number of years and have used Novotel hotels in many countries. Lami Bay Novotel is very high in its ranking of hotels with service, friendliness and comfort. I would recommend a stay for peace and quite relaxation.
It is however a little out of Suva and requires a taxi ride to get to the main parts of Suva.

Stayed: July 2017
TimDearsley, General Manager at Novotel Suva Lami Bay, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2018

Bula Bruce W,

Thanks for your review and for your very nice comments especially concerning our staff service and friendliness.

I also note that you mention that we are located out of Suva. We do offer a daily shuttle that is free to our guests and a taxi ride usually costs F$10.

We do hope to see you back here again in the future.

Reviewed May 30, 2018

Unfortunately this was just a business trip hence had no time to look around the sights.
The hotel is rather dated and the rooms simple, but clean and everything in the room worked.
Very nice restaurant/bar/lounge area looking out on to a peaceful bay.
The breakfast and dinners available at the restaurant were of a good selection and quality.
The hotel staff were great, so friendly and helpful.
Would recommend staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: Suggest asking for a room with a view of the bay.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
TimDearsley, General Manager at Novotel Suva Lami Bay, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2018

Bula Ivan C,

Thanks so much for posting your review and for your very encouraging comments.

We are indeed fortunate to have such a beautiful location right beside Lami Bay and I was really pleased to see that you found our staff to be very friendly and helpful.

Perhaps on your next stay you will be able to take in some more of the sights!

Reviewed May 25, 2018

I know its hard to accommodate a large family gathering at the best of times, but when you have nearly 40 guests staying to attend a local wedding ceremony, I would have thought some extra effort would have gone into making sure your hotel was up to standard. Sadly the stay was the only blemish on our family vacation - and in saying that it left a rather negative impression. HOWEVER, the staff who worked there were amazing. I don't blame them for poor facilities, poor management, understaffing as the staff there worked their butts off. They were overworked and by all accounts underpaid. (The average hospitality workers gets NZ $3-7/hour). The menu was beyond disappointing and overpriced. The rooms, smelt and required some attention to detail with broken and underperforming appliances. On our second day there our room still hadn't been service by 3pm. Two cleaning staff to service forty rooms! What was such a promising occasion was let down by inefficient management of the facility. Then when booking out they mixed up my deposit on the three rooms we had, undercharged me and then when my eldest son went to book out of his room a couple of hours he was made to cover the cost. Needless to say we wont be returning there again, so that is a loss of 40+ guests who when we return are likely to look elsewhere.

Room Tip: If you stay here choose a room by the waterfront, the view is amazing.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
TimDearsley, General Manager at Novotel Suva Lami Bay, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2018

Dear Redheaded2,

I apologise that we didn't live up to your expectations during your stay. We do have wonderful staff who are paid above the average wage in Fiji and are hard workers. It is nice to see that they are appreciated. We could not possibly expect 2 housekeeping staff to clean 20 rooms each in a day and still be able to even stand at the end of the day so I am not sure how that could have happened during your stay.

I am sorry that the food wasn't to your liking and we are trying our best to make improvements on a regular basis.

I was pleased to see that despite the mix up with the deposit that all three of your rooms ended up being charged overall the correct amount.

We trust that the wedding was worth coming to Suva for and would love the opportunity to show you in the future that we can provide a good experience.

Reviewed May 15, 2018

Has a very tired look and is not good value for money. At check-out I was required to pay 20% more than the agreed rate when I booked on-line. The staff appeared to be out of their depth when I queried the excess charge.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
TimDearsley, General Manager at Novotel Suva Lami Bay, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2018

Bula robertclax2n,

I am sorry that we didn't satisfy your requirements during your stay. It is difficult for me to comment about payment issues without knowing the details so if you want me to check this please email me directly with the date of stay and booking name so I can investigate further. My email is: gm@novotelsuva.com.fj

We do try to satisfy our guests needs and it is disappointing when we get it wrong.

We trust that you enjoyed the remainder of your visit to Fiji.

Vinaka and regards