Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 6, 2018

If you are looking for a Unique experience on an informative Tour and an impressive and knowledgeable guide, I will definitely recommend you to book that all in one package.

Maurice at Lakou Laky has the local knowledge that you are seeking for an unforgettable experience in Haiti. You will experience the pleasure to be home away from home. Fresh food, the aroma and the smell of the coffee, clean room and amazing staff in a green environment, I bet you there will be no words to explain your Joy in that wonderful country.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 7, 2018 via mobile

My second stay at Lakou Lakay after a first visit in 2015.
Same Great Room with the windows facing the courtyard the lush hills and the morning sun. Simple but comfy. Loved the sounds at night. The Village hum the playing children and later when all are asleep nature wakes up. Crickets or Cicadas and Frogs. Amazing. Even a bit hard to sleep but I Loved it. Dinner prepared by Innocente was delicious as always. Everything there is harmonious. Everyone so helpful . Rose walked into town and helped me get a Sim card for my phone . Got my dollars exchanged into haitian gourdes and helped me carry beers from the little market. Can't recommend it highly enough.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2017

Staying at Lakou Lakay was an unforgettable experience for me. I traveled solo in Haiti to learn about its history, culture, art, and people - and learn the real story instead of what gets reported on the news. Mr. and Mrs. Etienne were the perfect ambassadors for their country and when I look back on my trip, they symbolize Haiti in my mind - warm, knowledgeable, and so welcoming. I was made to feel like a member of the family and even ate a Sunday lunch with the Etiennes. Highly recommend Maurice's tour of the citadel; very informative. He explained not only the citadel to me but also answered my myriad questions about Haiti and its culture. I will always treasure my memories of falling asleep listening to the rain, hearing music in the distance, enjoying Mrs. Etienne's delicious cooking, and feeling like I had stumbled upon the best secret a traveler could find. Simply amazing.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed June 14, 2017

This hotel is very simple but very well located, in one of the most charming town in Haiti. The staff was very friendly and the food was amazing. The rooms where simple but clean, although during the night we suffered from the heat!

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed April 25, 2017

Maurice and his nieces are wonderful hosts, showing us the quotidien life around town, organizing reliable guides to visit the citadel, and making sure we felt at home. Perched onteh hillside in this lush valley, with views of the Palais Sans Soucis (and occasionally, when the clouds clear, the Citadel) this is a magical place. It is perpetually half finished but don't let that put you off - there is nowhere else I would stay to visit Milot.

Date of stay: September 2016