“Very Good Economical Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Sunshine

Hotel Sunshine
Ranked #62 of 133 Haridwar B&B and Inns
Chennai (Madras), India
“Very Good Economical Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2012

The hotel is very internally located in congested lanes of Moti Bazaar. The hotel's location has both pros and cons.

Best part of this hotel is - It is conveniently located near Har-Ki-Pauri (5 mins walk-able distance). One can reach to take a holy dip at the Ganges or take a holy view of the Aarti at tha ghats in no time. The ropeway station of the Mansa Devi Temple is also at a walk-able distance.

We took a 4 bedded family deluxe room which had AC, Geyser and TV etc. The room and toilet were averagely cleaned. Though little congested but manageable.

Staff were very helpfull and cheerful.

They have a kitchen aslo and food quality and price is too good and economical.

We hired a cab to visit Rishikesh and Haridwar local site seeing through the hotel travel desk. That cab and driver were very good. The driver acted like a tourist guide for us saving from the tout guides. He made us visit all the important locations of Rishikesh and Haridwar.

Overall, a good economic hotel.

Room Tip: Don't take room at the ground floor - the reception area is too noisy most of the times.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank PBAdvisor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Delhi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

I booked this hotel via make my trip.com.It was horrible expreince.
I would never recommend anyone for this hotel.The rooms were not bigger than my kitchen.The laundry was like duster the linen was absolutely dirty.....nothing good to describe....please guys never book the hotel from make my trip.com....my exp were never a good one...all hotels were like dump.....useless.....what can I say.....its terrible......

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank GK R

Travellers are raving about these Haridwar hotels

vadodara
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2012

hotel rooms are small. i think dont have a enogh parking if you drive. food qualtiy is not top of expecatation. dont take basement room for sure. i think i dont mind if i have to stay for only a night cant stay this place more then that for sure/ overall ok experience to me and family ...

Room Tip: upgrade room and request not to have a room in basement.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2011

I booked this Hotel through online Inquiry, Trip Adviser review. I booked Three bed Single room because I came with my mom and wife to visit this Holy Place on Kartik Month. No doubt it is good hotel. But when I reached there then luckily I couldn't get my room which I booked. I said 'Luckily' because really that three bed room was very congested. Any way that room was occupied by another tourist , and they extend their trip. So Hotel management offer us one double bed Room witch was more bigger then three bed room :). But Hotel Guy Krishna who was soft spoken provided us an extra mattress on floor :(. Any way we adjusted because we don't want to get into any argument. I was suffering from fever. Hotel Cook was very good. I like the cook service. trip was going good until we said to hotel guy to book a cab for us for Rishikesh - Haridwar Sight seeing. Hotel guy booked a private car, driver was very greedy. " My tip is not go with Hotel Advise on sight seeing " We paid High for simple cab service. My tip for Hotel Management Please don't have faith on such type driver's. Hotel Location is good Its near to Gau Ghat, Situated in Market Place Moti Bazar. It should be half km far away from Har Ki pauri. Good value for Money.

Room Tip: 5,6,7. yes chose room which end with no 5,6,7. Avoid 3rd floor if you have any old man with you.Beca...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank arun_sh
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

This is a pretty neat and clean hotel with a very good service. Though we stayed only for a night but hotel staff was very courteous and helpful. Never expected such good quality rooms in haridwar so this was a pleasant surprise for us. Though the approach is not so great but once you are in hotel then you are away from the hustle and bustle of Haridwar. Lift in the hotel was a boon as my parents cannot climb stairs. Very good hotel at the price it charges.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank anoopjain72
Hyderabad, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2011

Conveniently located in the market place. The management is courteous and understands the need of the customer.Food is good. The travel arrangements made by the hotel are dependable. The booking system is ok. In short we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank goodmorning17
Delhi
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2011

The hotel is well situated, no doubt. But that's about all actually. Prices are far too high for what you receive in cleanness and servis. The manager is unfriendly in every concern. The staff is like a bunch of monkey that don't know how to behave. When I wanted to close the door of the roof, because I did't feel comfortable by having FIVE guys standing outside to bring me my passport, one of the pushed against the door, so that I could close it... Roomservice not available and manager just hung up the phone when I asked what time the cook would be back.

Very disappointing experience!