See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed November 24, 2016 via mobile

There's no room available at this time since they're celebrating at the moment the Sandurot Festival from November 18 to 27, and I just showed up to inquire of their availability. The room that was offered to me was the Ocean View for Php2,600.00. I stayed for one night. The linens were soft as well as the pillows, I had a good night sleep and they have friendly, cheerful and accommodating staff. The room is of contemporary design. The mattress, pillows and linens were soft. I feel really comfortable in this hotel. I had a good night sleep.

This hotel is across the Rizal Boulevard. If you go left, it's a 2-minute walk to the I ❤️DUMAGUETE spot for picture taking. It's a 3-minute walk going to Silliman University. A good 5 to 10-minute walk going to the Dumaguete Port that goes to Siquijor. And best of all, this hotel is conveniently sorrounded with restaurants that caters to different taste buds and budget.

My comments for this hotel:

1. Breakfast NOT included.

2. The only free in the toilet is the soap (a cheap soap that dries your skin, I only use this to wash my hand). You have to provide your shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste. I always carry my own toiletries but for the price they charge per night, I was expecting they have these usual stuff.

3. The aircon needs to be fixed. You have to turn on and off the remote a few times before cold air comes out from the aircon.

4. The bathroom looks old (but it was clean), it just has that nasty (but not disturbing) smell. The exhaust fan was noisy.

Anyways, my overall stay was very good.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank lakbay29
Reviewed July 9, 2016

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. I was attending a conference at Silliman, so I wanted something convenient. I had not booked a room when I arrived because none of the hotels seemed good enough based on reviews here. We checked out this hotel before checking Bethel but, since that was fully booked, we decided to stay here. They first offered us the family room (saying it was what was available), which I believe is the most expensive room and has a bay view. When I asked about a more quiet room, they then showed me a side room that still had a window (I think some of the middle rooms have no windows?) but, since that was smaller (and I'd been traveling for 3 weeks and I wanted breathing room), I picked the family room.

The room was spacious -- 2 double beds, but no desk. I didn't have a problem with the beds (could have used better linens) or the a/c (though it didn't work as well on our final night, and I couldn't sleep). It's definitely noisy with the traffic from the road. I normally have trouble sleeping when it's noisy, but I think I was too tired from my trip to care at this point. It was also balanced by the view and the opportunity to people watch. (As I didn't have time to go around, this was my only chance to really see the town doing its thing.)

The bathroom is awful. It looks awful & is in need of a renovation. Water stains everywhere -- in the shower, in the toilet bowl. It doesn't have a shower door or curtain (just a half wall), so the floor will get wet after you shower -- I hate wet floors. The water never got hot. When we asked for help late at night, there was only the guard and one other guy left & he said to give it 10 minutes. Coming from California, where we have a drought, I was appalled at that suggestion. Also, I don't exactly have 10 spare minutes when I have to get to a conference early. The water came out tepid at best. I asked them again the next day to check it out but still the same.

I can't say much about the cleanliness either. Walking on the wood floor, my feet were definitely collecting dust. I asked them to clean it the first morning, but I don't think they did a good job.

The internet sucked. Not at all helpful for business travelers.

I paid about $60-$70, which is definitely on the high end for hotels in the city proper, and it didn't even include breakfast.

This hotel has potential, if the owners would only do something about it. I doubt they will. If you're looking for a cheap hotel, there are lots of other options. If you're looking for luxury, this isn't it either.

Room Tip: Bay view rooms are noisy, but it's big.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank islddreamer
Reviewed June 24, 2016

I have traveled worldwide (27+ years) and must report this is the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. If you ignore my warnings and stay in this hotel... my words will ring in your ears "WORST HOTEL EVER!". We changed rooms 3 times to settle on a room where a spring in the bed did not stickup through the mattress like a ram-rod. The room we finally settled on had mattresses so bad that after 2 nights my girlfriend and I both had sore backs because the bed bowed like a banana! The comfort room faucet was so loose that the entire fixture wobbled in your hand when you attempted to operate it. The water in the shower never got warm so you were forced to take cold showers and the electrical connections for the comfort room light fixture were exposed with no protection...TOTALLY RIDICULOUS hotel. I asked to speak to the manager and was told the hotel was owned by a family in another city and they could not be reached. The hotel receptionist tells you at check-in you must pay in advance... big red flag!) and so unfortunately I did... and soon realized why once we entered the first room! The pics of the rooms they post online are completely and totally misleading... the rooms are old, tired, worn out rooms! The cabinets are particle board and falling apart and the aircon runs half the night and shuts off and you have to reset it to get it to work again! The outside of the hotel is very nice and appears to be a quality hotel... but this is like a sea creature that disguises itself as a flower and soon devours its prey. The food in hotel restaurant is equally pathetic. When we ordered breakfast they served us orange drink... not orange juice as listed in the menu and the eggs were served barely warm and were cold before finishing the meal. DO NOT WALK... RUN FROM THIS HOTEL... UNLESS THERE ARE NO OTHER ROOMS FOR 100 MILES AND YOU MUST SLEEP IN YOUR CAR... THEN IT BARELY BEATS THAT!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
5  Thank Ryan H
Reviewed May 17, 2016

Have always stayed far from Rizal Boulevard whenever I find myself in Dumaguete. For a business trip, we got billeted here in La Residencia. Now I know it was wise to stay far from the boulevard. At night, the noise from the nearby pier can be a major sleep disruption. The rooms have undergone quite a haphazard renovation - wood panelings that have to be trimmed properly; curtains/drapes in need of replacement, air conditioners that need more maintenance or better yet, replacement. Even with the facelift, the rooms remain stuffy. Ditto, the downstairs restaurant that doubles as a bar during the evening. Saving grace is the location because it's centrally located - just a hop and skip to the popular Silvana place. Or if you want to escape your stuffy room, you just go down the stairs and out to the tempurahan during the evenings. And catching the ro-ro headed to Siquijor is a just a short walk. Anyway, before I forget, there's a karaoke joint or two nearby so if you can avoid the rooms facing the side streets, feel free to do so.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms along the side streets - tend to be noisy with karaoke joints blaring until late
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Oggie R
Reviewed April 26, 2016 via mobile

First room had a busted (really slow cooling) A/C. Water stains on shower divider. Bathroom fixtures were very corroded. Old linen. Dusty room.

When I called the front desk to talk to the duty manager, they sent out the chef to talk to me about housekeeping issues; apparently he's the most senior guy at night.

This hotel has a great location, but needs a serious upgrade in management and housekeeping. They need to know what proper hotel standards are; at the very least, cleanliness in the rooms esp the shower area. Sure, the hotel is in the affordable category, but that doesnt mean it can't be clean.

Oh, and the coffee pot looks like it hasnt been cleaned in a decade.

The only good part? Their twice cooked adobo for breakfast.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business