“Just okay”

Le Chalet
Ranked #83 of 158 Restaurants in Dumaguete City
Cuisines: Swiss
Reviewed 24 June 2016

Waitress seemed to not like her job... the food took a long time to arrive and my Filet Mignon was so raw... that it moo'ed at me in pain when I cut it open. Then the waitress had the nerve to blame me for ordering it "medium and not well-done"? No apology just a glare and walked away with the whole plate and not a word when she returned with the plate... just a sigh as she placed the meal in front of me! What a joke of a restaurant!

Reviewed 30 April 2016

It was 6 or 7 years ago I last dined at this place. The ambiance remained the same and there are now more food selections. The usual course that I used to order is no longer offered, since only the selections of Pasta comes with a round of salad bar. The prices of the food remained affordable, especially the gigot steak which can be shared by 2 – 3 persons. Just don’t forget to tell the waiter how done you’d like your steak to be, since the one we had appeared to have been cooked well, when I actually prefer rare to medium rare. The basil pasta was really yummy, even if it was submerged on a thick white pasta sauce.

1  Thank CrazyDidz
Reviewed 18 April 2016 via mobile

This review is for the steak I ordered. The steak costs 485php yet it doesn't serve me justice for the price I paid for. The plating wasn't that appetizing and it doesn't have an impact saying 'Eat Me Right Away!' I wished the butter was melted though. It took us around 45 minutes more or less to get our food. Please improve on this dish. The only thing that made me rate this 'Poor' and not 'Terrible' is the good service and the tasty appetizer that was served.

Reviewed 27 February 2016

Best sunday breakie buffet in town. Go there early when all is filled up, then you get a wider selection, They are not really that fast with refill. Don't forget to order egg and bacon, not all will ask you, but it is included in the price.

No breakfast in Dumaguete comes even close to that value on a Sunday.
I can't judge the other days or the regular during weekdays.

Reviewed 8 September 2015 via mobile

We've eaten here several times in the past and were always pretty satisfied. This time, however, we were quite disappointed.

Being a vegetarian, I ordered French Onion Soup, A Caesar Salad without Bacon and Anchovies on the side for my husband, and Rösti with Cheese. The soup tasted like instant boullion, so that ruined it for me. The salad was tasteless and watery. My Rösti was such a disappointment considering they are supposed to be a Swiss restaurant. I requested for Appenzeller cheese on top, so I was expecting it to come out like it came from Marché, instead, they topped it with tiny bits of cheese and toasted this to a crisp I felt like I was eating a Parmesan biscuit.

My companions ordered Coq au Vin and Pad Thai. The Coq came very late and was not good, and came with a side of cold, hard rice. The Pad Thai was requested non-spicy but came extremely spicy we had to return it.

Overall, I was truly disappointed. It felt as if they struggled to expand their menu too much that they lost what they truly were meant to be. And I loved this place before. But I don't think I will be eating here again anytime soon.