All reviews robinsons mall budget hotel ceres bus convenient place to stay cable tv promo rate whale watching soap and shampoo big bed clean sheets short stay rooms are spacious branch tricycle pesos bacolod oslob
Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

For a chain budget hotel you would think consistency between hotels would be essential to maintaining the business brand image. I’ve stayed at a few go hotels and this one seems to run under its own set of standards. Maybe this hotel is an older design, but either way it’s seen better days.

The location is brilliant if your staying for business in Dumaguete or just need a centralised location. Being right next to the Ceres bus terminal and Robinson’s mall was a huge plus for my travel plans. I could just go to the mall for food, and hey even have a movie theatre!

The hotel itself is literally crumbling away - the paint is fading, the concrete falling away and bathrooms are covered in limescale, the building is built to a very low quality. If you are aware of the price point for what your getting it isn’t any surprise, however it’s the things that don’t cost anything that surprise me a lot- the rooms are dirty, bathroom towels are so old they are a constant dirty grey and bathrooms are mouldy and falling apart, I had Cigarette burns on my pillow and stains on all the walls and tables, my toilet seat was also broken. Even without reinvestment in maintenance, what are the cleaners being paid for? The place needs a deep clean. The lighting in the room is terrible, horrible fluorescent hospital lighting that barely lights up the already dark cramped room. They need mirrors and brighter lights, if you spend too long in the room you get a headache.

I didn’t expect luxury as it’s a budget hotel, but I’ve stayed in a few other GO hotels and this one doesn’t seem to have been kept up to standard which surprised me as it’s a chain hotel - considering the whole chain of hotels will be effectively judged by your impression. If someone spent their first GO hotel experience at this Dumaguete branch they would leave thinking ALL go hotels are like this. Why the head office doesn’t enforce consistency is baffling when your running a chain.

The FOH staff are very helpful and pleasant however it just appears no money is being spent on maintenance upkeep at all, which puts staff in a bad position. How are they meant to respect the quality of the hotel or service if upper management doesn’t seem to care enough to clean or service the facilities themselves. Like most dilapidated hotels in the Philippines I feel this is a classic case of great when new but kept on life support till demolished. It appears that not a single centavo has been spent on the place post-opening.

If your after cheap and convenient - like I was, this place is fine and suits the purpose. I could do it again. But this GO hotel is also everything that is wrong with the Filipino hotel industry at the same time. Rather than maintain a building from new they would rather wait until it’s a broken dirty shell to act - and by then it’s too late or too costly. So, book at own risk :)

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

Booked a twin room. I stayed together with my bff and sister. Location was good a little steps away from Robinsons Mall. The staffs are helpful, and accommodating . I gave 3 stars just because the room smells bad especially the bathroom and some of the property are not functioning well ( like air-con and tv) i think we call twice for help but their helpful naman.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed May 29, 2018

Go Hotels has some repute, however, the bathroom is quite small and the towels need to be replaced.

The decor is a bit outdated and not really well maintained compared to their other branches.

The upside is that it is very accessible and right next to a mall.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2018 via mobile

It's a budget hotel near Robinson's mall. If you'll be out most of the day and need a place just to sleep in, this is ok. But I guess you can't really expect more considering the cheap price.

The hotel is a bit new so the room still looks clean. But one of the first I noticed was although the CR was clean, the CR floor towel they place looked pretty old and discolored that you can't help but think if it was actually washed or not.

Hot water is inconsistent. First night-- I had to let water run for a long time for water to heat up. Second night-- water was too hot I had to keep adjusting it towards the cold setting.

We thought that rooms will be automatically cleaned but we found out on our second day that you have to request for it.

The worst thing which I only noticed on our second day was the location of the outlet where the side table lamps are plugged. It was located on the head position hidden by the pillows. Our room only had one bed (double sized I think) so it was an UNSAFE POSITION for the outlet. SAFETY HAZARD!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2017 via mobile

Only advantage of this hotel is that it is close to Robinson's mall. Price is affordable. Bathmat is very black and dingy. Looked like a rag. The bathroom caulking needs attention. The sheets are dingy looking as well. The only good side is it has an in room safe and good shower. But will still use go hotels due to proximity of a walking distance mall.
Robinson's knows strategy and location when building a hotel.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple