All reviewsmonth stayoutdoor kitchenspent monthsother guestsmarissamotorcycletenantslaundryinternetwilliamsphilippinesvalenciaforeignerssafetyaccommodations
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I spent 6 weeks at the studio apartments last march 2012,when i went looking for self catering apartments this development ticked all the boxes for me,modern,clean,bright,spacious apartments in a secure walled in complex,Dave the owner is from the Usa and has been living in the Philippines for a number of years and is basically a walking and talking encyclopedia of anything to do with the Philippines,i have lost count of the long conversations i had with Dave from the Philippines to politics and even he shed some light on the reason why whales get beached after an earthquake,the studio apartments had the fastest internet connection of anyway i stayed due to the decision of Dave to install a dedicated fibre optic line for the complex,if i had one complaint about staying at the studio apartments was that i could not stay long enough but i am looking forward to a return visit.

Room Tip: I likes the upstairs rooms as i had the balcony in the front of my room to myself.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank garry c
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I had the pleasure to stay with Dave and Marisa in one of the studio apartments. My impression was that nothing in Dumaguete, or even the Philippines, could offer the comfort provided here.
Each tenant has the opportunity to relax in a clean, secure and picturesque courtyard or cook up a storm in a most functional outdoor kitchen. No need to spend time doing laundry or hunting for water either. To go shopping or sightseeing is not a problem from these facilities. Everything is at hand for a price that will not hurt your budget. The rooms are equiped with television, hot and cold showers, air conditioning and a thoughtful array of furniture. I have been talking about this from the time I commenced my stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Martin V
Reviewed January 1, 2013

My wife and I recently spent a month at this accommodation. It was clean and well organized, the staff did an excellent job of maintaining the facility. The proprietors, Dave & Marissa, provide a place where all you need is to show up and everything you need to be comfortable is there. They also rent scooters and the staff will wash your laundry if you so desire, for an additional fee. This is a very safe and secure place, the only way it could be more so is if they had a small safe in each room, so no worries about security. We were here when typhoon Pablo hit. The facility was snug and everything was dry and in good order after the storm passed. I was impressed by the forethought Dave took in building this place.

I would gladly stay here again and unreservedly recommend it for others seeking a safe, comfortable place to stay in Dumaguete.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank dougsams58
David W, Owner at Dumaguete Studio Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2018

This tenant said they gave us 5 stars. But tripadvisor gave us 3 gigs! What's going on?????