All reviewsmonth stayoutdoor kitchenspent monthsother guestsmarissamotorcycletenantslaundryinternetwilliamsphilippinesvalenciaforeignerssafetyaccommodations
Reviewed February 4, 2013

All thumbs up!

My wife and I lived at Studio Apartments for 6 months while we were waiting to get my wife's travel documents. The experienced was fantastic. David and Marisa did everything possible to make our stay comfortable. They were honest and treated us fairly. They also keep the apartments and grounds spotless. We felt "at home" during the entire 6 months and plan to return many more times. The Internet is super fast, and free. The only extras were our electric and cooking gas. For the money, Dumaguete Studio Apartments is the best place to stay in the Philippines.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Haydn W
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My Filipina wife and I have stayed at Dave's place several times. Our baby daughter was conceived there. Although children are normally allowed, Dave was very accommodating. Dave is an American and knows how to make Westerners feel at home and provides all of the logistics that a Westerner would need without the hassles. The place is clean, quiet, secure and everything that a visitor might need is available. If you don't see it, just ask. Thanks Dave for all the help.

Al, Dell and Evie.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AlexanderA233
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We found stuido Apts very nice, first ill say it is newand very clean like no other , 2 , David and Marisa go out of there way to see you are happy, 3. if you need anything they will have one of there staff help you get it or they will get it for you, 4. The phone and interent is as good as it gets ,i called severl times to Canada and the USA also to Manila with no trouble. 5. they also have a comon area where you can buy your fav drink i have stayed there with my wife 4 different times and we will be back real soon Bruce and Jenny Alain

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank 850alain
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I spent 6 weeks at the studio apartments last march 2012,when i went looking for self catering apartments this development ticked all the boxes for me,modern,clean,bright,spacious apartments in a secure walled in complex,Dave the owner is from the Usa and has been living in the Philippines for a number of years and is basically a walking and talking encyclopedia of anything to do with the Philippines,i have lost count of the long conversations i had with Dave from the Philippines to politics and even he shed some light on the reason why whales get beached after an earthquake,the studio apartments had the fastest internet connection of anyway i stayed due to the decision of Dave to install a dedicated fibre optic line for the complex,if i had one complaint about staying at the studio apartments was that i could not stay long enough but i am looking forward to a return visit.

Room Tip: I likes the upstairs rooms as i had the balcony in the front of my room to myself.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank garry c
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I had the pleasure to stay with Dave and Marisa in one of the studio apartments. My impression was that nothing in Dumaguete, or even the Philippines, could offer the comfort provided here.
Each tenant has the opportunity to relax in a clean, secure and picturesque courtyard or cook up a storm in a most functional outdoor kitchen. No need to spend time doing laundry or hunting for water either. To go shopping or sightseeing is not a problem from these facilities. Everything is at hand for a price that will not hurt your budget. The rooms are equiped with television, hot and cold showers, air conditioning and a thoughtful array of furniture. I have been talking about this from the time I commenced my stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo