“Western Luxury in the middle of Dumaguete.”

Dumaguete Studio Apartments
Reviewed 23 November 2016

Stay for almost 3 years except Decembers. Exceptionally clean and all areas are well kept. Safest place I have stayed in the Philippines. Motorcycles are in perfect condition and newer models. Almost family home type atmosphere in an apartment type building.
Good job David, I will definitely return in January for additional months.

Room Tip: First floor apartments are cooler saving on electric. Recommend 2 thru 4.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 August 2016

Dave, Marisa, and their great staff provide everything you need for either a smooth transition or a no hassle vacation. Its peaceful and its beautiful just as you see from pictures. From the scooter rental, to the electrical outlets everything has been thought out for you and ready for your stay.

There's a spiteful review here...flat out lies that border on comedy. Here's the truth.

It is extremely quiet and you wont find a better quality apartment on the Island of Negros Oriental. Do the math on the cost per day along with the amenities. You wont find better internet, cable, SECURITY and a western style existence for the price anywhere. That's why people don't leave.

If you want to get drunk and howl at the moon this isn't the place for you. Its a HIGHLY respectable community built on peace, quiet, and mutual respect for other guests. I would not even consider staying anywhere else. And to be honest there isn't another place of this quality on the Island any way. Book with confidence.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Samuel L
Reviewed 12 August 2016

I stayed at Dumaguete Studio Apartments for 3 weeks in July 16. The apartment was immaculate and contained everything I required for my holiday. The whole place was spotless and nothing was to much trouble for David or Marisa, the owners. In addition, super fast Wifi and the use of a motorcycle was also included. There is also a beautiful swimming pool which was great to jump in first thing in the morning and then again in the evening, to relax after a long day exploring.
I really enjoyed my stay there and intend to return later this year. If you are looking for a safe, friendly and peaceful place to stay, I would strongly recommend Dumaguete Studio Apartments.

Room Tip: I stayed on the first floor which gave me a great view.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank _robhicks5
Reviewed 21 July 2016

Starting with the noise. On their website it says they are the quietest apartments in Dumaguete, which is something I always look for. It has so much noise from the busy road with diesels and many many unmuffled or unbaffled motorbikes 24 hours a day. It is so noisy even with your windows closed and the AC running all conversation stops when one of these many unmuffled motorbikes goes by. And you can here them for blocks. Not that it's the apartment fault for the noise but to say how quiet it is?
Next it is so expensive at $550 a month plus plus plus. You want to flush the toilet or wash dishes or take a shower then you pay extra for water. You want room service then you pay extra. They do supply a motorcycle but if you want something thats not 10 years old with a disc brake then you pay extra. Expect another $100 for electric, water and gas. Add more for the other things I mentioned. About a $100 each for nicer motorcycle and $100 for room service. At that price you can get a hotel with daily room service and a location which doesn't need transportation.
Finally Mr Williams within minutes of meeting my wife insulted every Filipino. I won't mention what he said because it's not suitable for the general public.
The apartment are clean and well supplied but for the reason above I can't recommend.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Roy T
David W, Owner at Dumaguete Studio Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2017

You can tell be reading carefully that this tenant has a severe anger issue. He said, "Next it is so expensive at $550 a month plus plus plus. But he was happy with the rent when he paid it in advance. Why didn't he just go some place else? He added, "Expect another $100 for electric, water and gas. Add about $100 each for nicer motorcycle and $100 for room service."

None of the above is true! The average utilities here are $30 per month, not $100. Nor do we charge to change motorbikes. And how could we get fifty 5 star reviews and only one 3 star review if we charged $100 for room service. His anger issue is obvious!

We are a luxury apartment complex with a beautiful pool and a free Honda motorbike; we are not a hotel. Apartments don't offer room service. No level-headed person would expect room service in an apartment complex. But this seem to anger him the most. He was also upset because he had to pay $3 for the water that flushed his toilet. He even said our motorbikes were 10 years old. The truth is they are new.

He wanted to buy my new truck. I gave him my best price. He started picking the truck apart telling me I was crazy to ask so much. I told him in a nice way to "take it or leave it" and he exploded in anger. His eyes turned sinister. I got the impression he was taking some kind of nasty drug. I'm now sorry that I didn't just give him his money back and throw him out.

This is also the prefect example why I now interview all my potential tenants and weed out drunks, drug attics, and other trouble makers.

Reviewed 17 February 2016

I stayed here form Dec 2015 to Feb 2016 and I must say that it was an excellent experience. It's a great place for when you first arrive in Dumaguete to get settled and understand the workings of the city. Dave and Marisa are excellent to work with, and very trustworthy. They run a tight ship, and are delightful people. The rooms and area are very clean and properly maintained. It comes fully furnished with everything you need. The internet is blazing fast aswell. I highly recommend this place to anyone who wants a stress free Dumaguete experience.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
4  Thank lh_bandit
Reviewed 25 October 2015

Capt. Williams avows that he is an honest man. Too often when people proclaim this it turns out not to be the truth. But I found out firsthand that honesty is a core, defining value for Capt. Williams. I enjoyed my stay and appreciated the warm interactions I had with all the staff.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
3  Thank 122ozzie1951
Reviewed 30 September 2015

My wife and I just spent a month at the Dumaguete Studio and greatly enjoyed it. We would have liked to stay longer but needed a bigger place as family is coming to visit and our Balikbayan boxes are already in Manila. We have vacationed in many southern locations in the Americas and none were as well maintained and as immaculately clean as this place. The owners, Dave and Marissa are very knowledgeable and accommodating and all their employees are very dedicated. Some people post that it is a bit out of the way, but we found it just right, only 10 minutes from the city market and away from the heavy traffic.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
25.2 km away
Kav's Beach Resort
Kav's Beach Resort
#1 of 2 in Zamboanguita

Been to Dumaguete Studio Apartments? Share your experiences!