Dumaguete Studio Apartments
Hotel Nicanor(Dumaguete City)
US$24
US$20
Priceline
Sta. Monica Beach Club(Dumaguete City)
US$75
US$67
US$116
US$55
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$63/night.

US$73
US$60
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$77/night.

US$16
Agoda.com
Wellbeach Dive Resort(Zamboanguita)(Great Value!)
US$35
US$29
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$35/night.

Mike's Dauin Beach Resort(Dauin)(Great Value!)
US$55
US$51
US$243
US$188
Agoda.com
All reviewsfree motorbikemonth stayoutdoor kitchenelectric fencespent monthsapartment was very cleanswimming pool isper dayother guestsdavemotorcycleprincesstenantswilliamsaptslaundryinternet
Reviewed May 19, 2017

I arrived in Dumaguete on February 18, 2017 and am leaving here on May 22nd. I cannot say enough good things about my stay here. It was a perfect place to stay while figuring out all that the Dumaguete area has to offer. Here's a quick breakdown (forgive the grammar...just quick notes):

Facilities and Grounds: Great aircon and fans in the rooms. Immaculately manicured landscaping. Everything I needed was in the rooms, from pots and pans for cooking to extra linen for the bed, towels for swimming, etc. A water dispenser is in the room, and the apartment staff has extra bottles of water (5 or 10 liters...not sure exactly...enough to last me for more than a week) for only 45 pesos each. The swimming pool is kept in pristine condition, and I used it almost daily. It's especially nice to take an evening or night swim, or get your morning started with a quick dip in the pool. A full kitchen is located just outside the back door of each room with privacy walls built between each outdoor kitchen, also. Bottom line: you can show up at these apartments with just your clothes, and you will have everything you need. A quick trip to the market (go there and learn to navigate the market...it's an adventure in itself!) for some fresh fish, meat, and vegetables, and you are all set! Or you can drive one of Dave's motorcycles (provided, also!) into town and eat at a great restaurant. I personally loved the freedom to take one of the motorcycles and explore the area...more on this below.

Staff: Dave and Marissa are wonderful hosts, and all of their team members are great, also (even Princess...the 24/7 security guard dog). Upon check in, Dave gave me a rundown of the apartment and some great safety and security tips for when I am exploring the area. The ladies who worked in the kitchen area make a great breakfast for about 180 pesos, and they will also do your laundry for a small fee if you want them to (or you can take your laundry next door just outside of the apartment gate). There is also a sari sari store just past the laundry/water/bake shop...just keep walking in that direction...nice people work there. The apartment grounds crew were on top of everything and quickly fixed a couple of maintenance issues while I was there (same day service). They keep the grounds in an immaculate condition...the landscaping is very beautiful here. They also are very meticulous in the maintenance of the motorcycle fleet so that us visitors will be able to safely travel around Dumaguete on reliable transportation. More on Princess: she gave me a good barking at first to establish her authority, and then expected a good scratching and belly rub every time I saw her after that...a well-deserved payment for her excellent security services.

Transportation: okay, again on the motorcycles, use them! The grounds crew will give you a quick motorcycle driving lesson if you need some, and then go explore. You will enjoy much more freedom here if you use the motorcycles that Dave provides instead of trying to go everywhere on the local trikes. The motorcycles provide an incredible sense of adventure and freedom while you are here, so please use them and enjoy.

Security: Dave and Marissa take security very seriously and ensure the safety of their guests. He keeps the place locked down at night and shows the guests how to get in and out of the compound for when they are out past 9pm. The Philippines is a great country with very friendly people, but don't let your guard down. Take your security and safety seriously while you are here. Enjoy it all, but use good judgement, and keep up on the news also. Don't be the one foreigner who loses control of his bearings and ends up in a bad situation.

Internet/Comm: I never had any problems with the internet here, and I was using YouTube continuously for both business and information purposes. I also streamed a few movies on Amazon and had no problems. The internet goes down in the entire area on occasion, so just be patient and it will come back up. Dave has his own server room, so if the problem continues, just inform Dave and Marissa so they can check if a reset in the server room might be needed (happened once to me in my stay, and the problem was quickly fixed). Phones: since I was going to be in the Philippines a few months, I decided to purchase a relatively inexpensive cell phone and a sim card. This proved to be invaluable to me. You will need it if you will be communicating with any locals, and almost all foreigners in the area have one. Most people here communicate by texting. If you need to reload your cell phone, just walk to the sari sari store I mentioned above and ask for a reload. It's a simple process.

Restaurants I liked in the area: Racer Cafe. Moon Cafe. Hayahay. Taco Surf (great sushi). Senoritas Mexican Grill (closest to Tex Mex I could find). Pacos Tacos (in Valencia). Gie Gie's (expat hang out...great sub sandwiches and breakfast menu). Lord Byron's Back Ribs (look for Hermogina Apartments sign just past Robinson's Mall). Octagon Sports Bar. Casablanca (excellent menu...start with one of their cream soups!). Dauin Dive Cafe (after a morning of snorkeling).

Other things I enjoyed in the area: Pulangbato Falls. Pura Vida Resort (just did a day trip there). The Boulevard.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed May 1, 2017 via mobile

Professionaly managed apartment complex, clean, well equipped.
The owners offer furnished apartments in a gated complex. There is a swimming pool, a common area, and tenants have access to well maintained motorcycles that let you ecplore the island on your own. There is a laundry and a small corner store outside which is convenient for those days you did not get around to go shopping. You can also get refills for your drinking water dispenser on site, as well as cold beer.
Thanks to Dave and Marissa who made our stay such a great experience.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 28, 2017

I spent 2 months here mid Nov to mid Dec in 2016 with my fiancé. We had the best time ever, Accommodations were great (very clean, quiet, and efficient with outside kitchen), management, hospitality, and service was great and very friendly, pool was great, motorbike was great (clean and well maintained, like new), very secure location, close to Dumaguete (10 min) close to Valencia 10 (min) Well stocked and friendly said sari right outside the gate, Can't wait to take make it back there.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gsilva46
Reviewed March 11, 2017

I was staying there 3 months and really enjoyed that time. The apartments contain all facilities necessary to live like a fridge or a microwave oven, the bed is large and comfortable. I also appreciated huge swimming pool. A motorbike is provided inclusively what is super-useful because it is the most comfortable way of traveling in Dumaguete. Don't be afraid if you're a novice in riding because you can take driving lessons in very affordable price. The staff is very friendly, actually, I felt like in a familly. The last but not least, the internet is quite good what is not obvious in Philipines.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed February 23, 2017

The pool is great as is the staff. If you are relaxed they will treat you like family. The place is a long way from Dumaguete and because trikes are difficult to get back from town, I think to make the most of your stay here you need to be able to ride a motorbike which are provided and are all well maintained and low milage. I spent 2 months and it was great but can ride - if I couldn't the location would be debilitating. I would certainly stay here again for another 2 month stay. Thanks to Dave and Marissa for being great hosts.

Room Tip: I was upstairs which I think was cooler than the downstairs as it would get the breeze
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
David W, Owner at Dumaguete Studio Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2017

Paul, why did you knock our rating down 1 star because we are 5 minutes from the center of town? You knew that when you moved in. We are good friends Paul. I know you would never live in the smoky, noisy, heavy traffic of the downtown area. That's why you picked us. And that why you are here today, 11 months after your last visit. You are right, it does take 5 to 10 minutes to come and go using the free motorbike we provide. And in case you didn't know, we give driving lessons to those who need them. Furthermore, distance and travel time is clearly posted on our web page so why knock 1 star off our rating because we are 5 minutes from town. In all fairness Paul, I think you should reconsider and give us 5 stars like everyone else.