“Hotel Essencia”
Review of Hotel Essencia

Hotel Essencia
Ranked #14 of 37 Hotels in Dumaguete City
Reviewed 12 November 2017

Overall, we had quiet a good experience in this hotel. We stayed here about 4 yrs ago when they were newly opened and they have definitely made some improvement. The glazed glass partition between the bedroom and bathroom is definitely a welcome change. Having the view of people in the bedroom (even if they are family) is not something to look forward to as the they had clear glass back then. My only complaint to the bathroom is there is not enough light to see when putting on makeup. Could use better lighting. The staff are very helpful and quick to respond to any of my requests. Our stay came with free breakfast. Glad that they changed their menu daily but maybe can add more selection to their bread area like bagels or pan de sal, etc. or maybe cereal/oatmeal. Definitely need to add more fruit selection....only had bananas and watermelon entire 5 days we stayed in this hotel. My husband and I will definitely come back to this hotel for future stay in Dumaguete .

Room Tip: Communicated ahead of time with management of my preference to king size bed as my husband is tall...
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 November 2017

one thing's for sure we will not be staying at this hotel again, and it's not a hotel that we'll recommend to anyone, as well! We stayed there from Nov. 3 to 6 and from the moment we checked-in (11 pm or so), no welcome, or some sort of greetings by any staff, especially at the reception area, I mean the guy we spoke with didn't even smile, from the time I went to the counter to confirm our reservation up until the time we've completed the process of checking-in! It was also the first time that we were told that the payment needs to be in full, no option given to pay half now and the other half upon checkout, which was customary to most hotel we've been to! Once we got to the room (deluxe king), it was small! we asked for an extra bed to be added since, it only accommodates 2 adults, and the housekeeper was even unsure where to place the extra bed! And during breakfast, none of the waiters or waitress, knows how to smile, I mean seriously! not when they say good morning, or interact with you, not even to foreigners, mind you! But what really annoyed me was, was when we had our room cleaned the next day and housekeeping neglected to replace the amenities (soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.)! Suffice it to say that the hotels' management haven't been diligent in overseeing the type of customer service that they have!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Go somewhere else.
The hotel is very old, staff is not friendly and the buffet breakfast was really really bad.
They are also doing renovation on the other floor, so it's noisy.
So as I say, better going somewhere else.
Just the location is good, walking distance from the seaport.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2017

A nice Hotel, the Lady is clearly beginning to show her age, but like any woman she dresses up very nicely. The lobby is clearly their draw, it is clean and well staffed. The restaurant, which serves the included breakfast and just past the check in is the Spa entrance down a marble corridor. Up the staircase or elevator (8 story hotel) deluxe standard room, 3rd floor. No balcony, but there was one right out door. Room was very small for me. And no hot water oh well it was hot and the lukewarm water was ok but not for everyone. Armed security at the door, always felt safe in and around the hotel. My wife utilized the spa, which is reasonably priced she said excellent !!. Overall 3 star and 5 star to a hard working bell hop - Prince. Decent food and an excellent staff go a long way.

Room Tip: Try towards the back.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2017

Asked the to pick me up from the airport. I arrived at 8:30. when i got there got a call and front desk said the van was already back to the hotel because the driver waited and i was not there. driver could have waited for at least 45 minutes? what if my flight was delayed or i had to get my baggage. Crappy staff! No patience.

Lastly they charged for water which i bought outside. i put it on the fridge together with minibar water. apparently they charged me because they said i used their water. crappy audits.

this hotel maybe strategic because of its location but overall the service is not so good.

Room Tip: dont choose a room near the road
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Thank GlennAndTheWorl... A
Reviewed 13 September 2017

The hotel is conveniently located at the city accessible by public transport. It is likewise near the church, grocery and other restaurants. The room is fine, service is good and buffet breakfast is likewise fine. Overall, my stay was good and no major complaint.

Room Tip: Do not face the main street, quite noisy, get the rooms at the back.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

I booked reservation through my secretary and upon check in, you have to pay immediately. The hotel is near everything in the city center and that is just about the good thing about this hotel. I came from Hennan Hotel in Bohol and was looking forward to a great Dumaguete experience.

The room that was given to us has no window and lighting wattage is poor. Only one pillow per person, free water you will get at the corridor. The shower knob is broken, water drainage is poor. They serve the usual breakfast buffet style.

The worst thing about this is the front desk named Jen. She is the worst front desk person I have ever met. She doesn't smile and does not provide a genuine customer service experience to guest. We requested for just an hour extension and she said there will be charges. When we ask if there is free airport transfer- she said there is none and there is a corresponding charge. Given that they did not fetch us upon check in at the sea port, they could have provided this service in return. They have no genuine care for customers.

Another worst experience, we were not able to sleep for the past two days due to noisy students. They did nothing. The screams and shouts during the program were terribly irritating.

Except for the bell boy wesley and the housekeeping personnel- my experience in this hotel really sucks!!!

I will not go back to this hotel anymore.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
4.9 km away
Casa Margaritha
Casa Margaritha
#1 of 1 in Sibulan

Been to Hotel Essencia? Share your experiences!